FordPass

TimmyTheKid17

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Awaiting: ‘21 F250 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
This will be my first ford so I must ask, whats the deal with the fordpass? Are the rewards worth it? Anything special you have to do to redeem them? Would love to know what its all about and whether or not I should be downloading it

thanks!

Yes they’re great, the app is decent... I purchased front wheel well liners and got a full synthetic oil change and tire rotation at 5k with my points.

This will be my first ford so I must ask, whats the deal with the fordpass? Are the rewards worth it? Anything special you have to do to redeem them? Would love to know what its all about and whether or not I should be downloading it

thanks!
With the purchase of a new vehicle you get 42,000 points. If my math is correct, 2 points is worth about a penny. I found it impossible to order anything from Ford online using points, but very easy to purchase parts or service with points at a dealer.
Worth it!

If you get the diesel you get 75,000 points. Worth the cost of about 3 maintenances. As it will save some costs, I think it is worth it.

Yeah definitely sounds like its worth it. I downloaded the app just dont have a VIN yet. Does the dealership help you log the purchase so you get your points for it?

Cashed my 42000 points in the other day for a tool box. Came out to be $210.

My Ford pass still shows zero points, bought the truck yesterday...

Yeah definitely sounds like its worth it. I downloaded the app just dont have a VIN yet. Does the dealership help you log the purchase so you get your points for it?
My sales guy helped input the vin into FordPASS on pick up and the points showed about a week later.

I used 40K in points for a $200 parts purchase, so its free money. Not always the easiest to use, because the dealer has to go into a separate system to redeem. The parts guys has only used it a few times so it took him awhile. I did an oil change recently using the Ford Mait Service Plan I bought and got another 1,206 points for it.

Last edited:
My sales guy helped input the vin into FordPASS on pick up and the points showed about a week later.

I used 40K in points for a $200 parts purchase, so its free money. Not always the easiest to use, because the dealer has to go into a separate system to redeem. The parts guys has only used it s few times so it took him awhile. I did an oil change recently using the Ford Mait Service Plan I bought and got 1,206 points for it.
I had the same experience. The parts guy was really nice about it, but had no idea how to use FP. I gave up.

love the points got a full synthetic oil change and tire rotation with points left over

thanks!

Yes they’re great, the app is decent... I purchased front wheel well liners and got a full synthetic oil change and tire rotation at 5k with my points.

If you get the diesel you get 75,000 points. Worth the cost of about 3 maintenances. As it will save some costs, I think it is worth it.

I used 40K in points for a $200 parts purchase, so its free money. Not always the easiest to use, because the dealer has to go into a separate system to redeem. The parts guys has only used it a few times so it took him awhile. I did an oil change recently using the Ford Mait Service Plan I bought and got another 1,206 points for it.
Don’t. It’s a data mining tracking scheme used to charge higher insurance premiums.
“Already happening via the Telematics Control Module in new vehicles. Scroll through and read this...

Ford is sharing this data with insurance companies, depending on what you may or may not have agreed to.

Driving Characteristics, such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, and other similar information about how the vehicle is used.“
“ I know all 2020 Ford's are equipped this way, across the board. Some 2019's. Haven't researched the lineup for prior years.

My advice to those the registered for the Ford Pass app....use the points they swindled you with to get a free oil filter or whatever shit they are peddling for your soul. Then call Ford to unregister. Make it clear that you no longer give them permission to monitor your lifestyle or driving habits in any way, shape or form. Do a master reset through your SYNC. You just might want to pull the fuse to the TCM as well...”
“Auto maker Ford recently launched a smart phone app that connects to its Ford SYNC App Link platform which gives consumers the option to share driving data and have their behavior rated by participating insurance providers. A higher score reflects better driving behavior."
Ford offers app that provides insurance discounts for good driving

**** this bullshit. Once normalized, insurance lobbyists will push for legislation that in essence, mandates the forwarding of certain driving data so that they can weed out "bad drivers."

Don’t. It’s a data mining tracking scheme used to charge higher insurance premiums.
“Already happening via the Telematics Control Module in new vehicles. Scroll through and read this...

Ford is sharing this data with insurance companies, depending on what you may or may not have agreed to.

Driving Characteristics, such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, and other similar information about how the vehicle is used.“
“ I know all 2020 Ford's are equipped this way, across the board. Some 2019's. Haven't researched the lineup for prior years.

My advice to those the registered for the Ford Pass app....use the points they swindled you with to get a free oil filter or whatever shit they are peddling for your soul. Then call Ford to unregister. Make it clear that you no longer give them permission to monitor your lifestyle or driving habits in any way, shape or form. Do a master reset through your SYNC. You just might want to pull the fuse to the TCM as well...”
“Auto maker Ford recently launched a smart phone app that connects to its Ford SYNC App Link platform which gives consumers the option to share driving data and have their behavior rated by participating insurance providers. A higher score reflects better driving behavior."
Ford offers app that provides insurance discounts for good driving

**** this bullshit. Once normalized, insurance lobbyists will push for legislation that in essence, mandates the forwarding of certain driving data so that they can weed out "bad drivers."
what evidence do you have to support your claim that they're sharing it with insurance companies? What possible motive would Ford have to give info to your insurance? There is no evidence that they're monetizing the info and selling to insurance companies either, and that would directly violate their own privacy agreement.

If anything is concerning, it's that they can tell how you're driving and use that as a basis to deny a warranty claim, but they don't need an app for that as they can just plug in.

The policy explicitly states they're NOT sharing your info to third parties without offering you a choice

"We do not provide personal information obtained through FordPass to anyone for independent use without providing you a choice, except as follows:"

Nothing that follows says "we give all your info to insurance companies".

EDIT TO ADD:

Even here, despite the fearmongering, they acknowledge it's by choice:

"Ford To Sell Your Driver Behavior To Auto Insurance Companies"​

But really:
  • Customers who choose to do so can allow information about how they drive to be shared with their insurance carrier via embedded vehicle telematics, and may be eligible to receive discounts based on how they drive

So any worry about this is patently unfounded, UNLESS, you're the careless type that just checks off every box without reading it and agrees to everything......BUT even then, it only appears to be applicable if you actually ACTIVELY SHOP for insurance through the app and select those types of policies.

Thanks, richtor! The piddling savings the pass offers isn't worth that bullshit! I don't know how true your assertions are but they certainly sound plausible. I'm not usually inclined to use foul language or wish evil upon anybody but I am inclined to make an exception for insurance companies. A pox also upon all the DMVs who give out drivers licenses to morons like it's their birth right. THAT'S what drives up rates for those of us who actually know how to drive and make some effort to do so considerately and legally.

Thanks, richtor! The piddling savings the pass offers isn't worth that bullshit! I don't know how true your assertions are but they certainly sound plausible. I'm not usually inclined to use foul language or wish evil upon anybody but I am inclined to make an exception for insurance companies. A pox also upon all the DMVs who give out drivers licenses to morons like it's their birth right. THAT'S what drives up rates for those of us who actually know how to drive and make some effort to do so considerately and legally.

they're not. at all.

Privacy concerns are always legit and worth looking into, but what was posted in just spreading misinformation. See my post above for reality.

what evidence do you have to support your claim that they're sharing it with insurance companies? What possible motive would Ford have to give info to your insurance? There is no evidence that they're monetizing the info and selling to insurance companies either, and that would directly violate their own privacy agreement.

If anything is concerning, it's that they can tell how you're driving and use that as a basis to deny a warranty claim, but they don't need an app for that as they can just plug in.

The policy explicitly states they're NOT sharing your info to third parties without offering you a choice

"We do not provide personal information obtained through FordPass to anyone for independent use without providing you a choice, except as follows:"

Nothing that follows says "we give all your info to insurance companies".

EDIT TO ADD:

Even here, despite the fearmongering, they acknowledge it's by choice:

"Ford To Sell Your Driver Behavior To Auto Insurance Companies"​

But really:
  • Customers who choose to do so can allow information about how they drive to be shared with their insurance carrier via embedded vehicle telematics, and may be eligible to receive discounts based on how they drive

So any worry about this is patently unfounded, UNLESS, you're the careless type that just checks off every box without reading it and agrees to everything......BUT even then, it only appears to be applicable if you actually ACTIVELY SHOP for insurance through the app and select those types of policies.
Yes you have a choice to add Ford Pass!
And Ford does not give it away they sell it.

You’re more than welcome to keep it. As you say that is your choice.

they're not. at all.

Privacy concerns are always legit and worth looking into, but what was posted in just spreading misinformation. See my post above for reality.
Agreed. Been over this in other threads as well. I take privacy very seriously and this doesn't raise my level of concern because you HAVE to opt IN. If you don't want it turn it off. It's that simple. Until someone provides data showing that Ford willfully went against their own privacy policy I'll be one of the first to denounce them.

The last time this came up I offered up the Ford address to express concerns over privacy and the thread went silent. People would rather cry to each other here that the sky is falling then take all that energy and put it to good use by simply asking Ford. Still waiting on that one....

For anyone else here you go:

HOW TO CONTACT US

If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for Ford, please contact us at:
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

Telephone
800-392-3673
800-232-5952 (TDD for the hearing impaired)

Back