FordPass says truck is in deep sleep and remote features disabled because of inactivity but been driving all day.

There’s another thread on here ”DEEP SLEEP MODE”. You‘ll need to take the Dealership by their hand and walk them through the process. The fix is to reflash your BCM per SSM51140. Once you give them this they can look it and it will detail the process. Unfortunately most Dealerships don‘t know the specifics so you’ll have to lead them to the water.

Just got back from the dealership and had them perform the SSM 51140 Reprogram the BCM and it works like a charm. Dealer did not know anything about it but I had him look up the code and took them about an hour

FordPass says truck is in deep sleep mode. Been driving all day? Anyone else get this message? I started it up and checked the battery connections. Should I be worried?Yep….suppose to be a solfware fix by the end of the year

Nope…I’m the OP of this thread a year and a half ago. I don’t have the same problem the others are having. Only happens to me once in June when the weather gets hot apparently. Happened the last 2 Junes and no other times.

This has come up in a number of threads. It seems to manifest in a few ways, but I have been unable to use the fordpass truck functions (start/lock/unlock) since I purchased, with the same issue. The other forum said that there was a fix for it, but like many are saying, my dealership couldn't find anything published.

Regardless, they took it in. I'm not exactly sure what they did, as they just spent 30 min with it and gave it back to me with everything working. I seem to remember him saying "I plugged it in, reset the ECM, and it only took 5 min". After that no more battery notifications and all the fordpass functions work.

I didn't even get a copy of any documentation or anything, else I'd share it.

Just got back from the dealership and had them perform the SSM 51140 Reprogram the BCM and it works like a charm. Dealer did not know anything about it but I had him look up the code and took them about an hour
I took mine in and got it done. Did not work. They said my truck was not compatible or something

We have done a bunch of the reflashes for this issue, but it’s not a 100% fix all the time. We’ve had a couple that a few more issues but we have fixed them all. Most all dealers know of the updates once they run Oasis and symptom codes it will pull the TSB’s and SSM’s

I took mine in and got it done. Did not work. They said my truck was not compatible or something
Well sorry to hear that... Mines fall build 22... maybe something is different on the modules for a a 21? Hopefully you can get it fixed.

Mine never works, always getting the sleeping mode message.

Mine works 1 out of 10 times if I'm lucky. Another thing I noticed is when I get in, after remote start, the seats aren't warm or the truck itself. Ive got the proper settings but it seems to take forever. My other super duty trucks never had this issue.

It happened after the first week of ownership, got the deal sleep message about 27 times in a few days, app won’t work but FOB does. Reached out to a buddy who is the service manager at my local ford dealer, along with my vin, said I need to bring it in for the reflashing. Set up a time in late December, due to my work schedule being crazy, will keep you posted on it once they do it.

Mine works 1 out of 10 times if I'm lucky. Another thing I noticed is when I get in, after remote start, the seats aren't warm or the truck itself. Ive got the proper settings but it seems to take forever. My other super duty trucks never had this issue.
If I preset the heat and turn the seats to level 3, remote start in a few minutes the truck is warm and the seats are warm but the red lights aren't on until I turn the key on, same with ac in the summer.
Do you preset the temperature?

If I preset the heat and turn the seats to level 3, remote start in a few minutes the truck is warm and the seats are warm but the red lights aren't on until I turn the key on, same with ac in the summer.
Do you preset the temperature?
The issue with heated seats not warming up while the truck is running from remote start is being discussed in other thread:

That thread also covers the settings for climate control for remote start (auto vs last setting).

Picked up my 22 at the end of November from the second I left the dealership I was plagued with the deep sleep message non stop, today it was reflashed and seems to be good now

I was told the refresh was going to take hours, so I said, yea....Ill be back another time.

Had my truck in this morning for this issue. I told them to look into SSM51140. After about an hour, they had me come out into the shop to delete and re-add my truck in the Ford Pass app After a few minutes they pulled it out of the shop and the remote start, locks, etc. all worked from the app. We'll see if I start getting the Deep Sleep messages again.

They said it was NOT the SSM51140 and there was a newer update. The service slip doesn't say what was done other "provisioning".

They also mentioned that there has been a lot of trucks with similar issues in the shop.

We'll see...

Well after 2 hours, the problem was back. Whatever they did (or didn't do) didn't work. I guess I'll try a different service department.

Not sure if this is lucky coincidence but feels like it might help. I had been getting this error message for a couple months, and I finally connected my Sync4 to my home wifi. The message has not returned since.... Hope this helps maybe someone will have similar luck!

Not sure if this is lucky coincidence but feels like it might help. I had been getting this error message for a couple months, and I finally connected my Sync4 to my home wifi. The message has not returned since.... Hope this helps maybe someone will have similar luck!

Interesting. I will give it a try. I think I can pick up the signal from my driveway.

Back