FordPass or Compustar

MilltownRover

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat
I am not impressed with the FordPass app and lack of 2-way comms when locking/unlocking, nor a visual indicator of the current lock status.

I have a compustar and dronemobile setup on my other truck, and am thinking of doing the same on this one.

Anyone gone down this road and have some experience to share?

Any issues with the factory remote start and fsctory alarm system?

I am not impressed with the FordPass app and lack of 2-way comms when locking/unlocking, nor a visual indicator of the current lock status.

I have a compustar and dronemobile setup on my other truck, and am thinking of doing the same on this one.

Mine tells me if the truck has locked, unlocked, or started..

Interesting. Maybe it is my phone? Samsung S20. I don't get any lock/unlock status or feedback. Only have the timer for remote start...

Interesting. Maybe it is my phone? Samsung S20. I don't get any lock/unlock status or feedback. Only have the timer for remote start...

I noticed in the connectivity setting in Sync there were a few different lines for connectivity permissions.

Check that maybe?

I noticed in the connectivity setting in Sync there were a few different lines for connectivity permissions.

Check that maybe?

So when you look at your app, you are able to see if the truck is currently locked or unlocked?

Mine looks like this:

Screenshot_20201103-154357_FordPass.jpg

So when you look at your app, you are able to see if the truck is currently locked or unlocked?

Mine looks like this:

View attachment 8494
mine looks thee same .... and no it doesn't tell you it is locked but i always lock it when i leave the truck anyways .... but sometime i just lock it to make sure ... but if it did tell you if it was locked it would run the battery down .... as you always senting out that data ... so idk i like the idea but that is a issue to think about

No problems with mine but few people on here have had problems with theirs

mine looks thee same .... and no it doesn't tell you it is locked but i always lock it when i leave the truck anyways .... but sometime i just lock it to make sure ... but if it did tell you if it was locked it would run the battery down .... as you always senting out that data ... so idk i like the idea but that is a issue to think about

Fair enough.

I haven't found it to be a major battery draw with the dronemobile app setup on the other vehicle. It only sends the data when polled by the app [edit: never mind, that is only the app refresh, I am wrong], so as long as you drive the vehicle from time to time, it isn't an issue in my experience. One reason I like it is because if I am at home, I can check before I go to bed and not annoy the neighbors with the horn honk of re-locking. It also confirms if my request to lock or unlock the vehicle has been executed (not just sent or received) when I am too far away to see or hear it.

ford pass app sent me a message saying that the battery is going dead and that the ford pass app is in deep sleep mode and cant be started with the ford pass app.... only reason i said they and it only been a week it hasn't been started

ford pass app sent me a message saying that the battery is going dead and that the ford pass app is in deep sleep mode and cant be started with the ford pass app.... only reason i said they and it only been a week it hasn't been started
I have had the same thing happen, just because it was sitting and not being used, but battery was fine.

Latest Discussions

Back