Fordpass killing phone battery.

Hank.

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 7.3 Tremor
Anyone else have this issue? Every few days fordpass likes to eat up my battery. Killed it by lunch today. Accounting for a little over 40% battery usage today. All background activity (I don’t use the app for anything really).

Anyone else have this issue? Every few days fordpass likes to eat up my battery. Killed it by lunch today. Accounting for a little over 40% battery usage today. All background activity (I don’t use the app for anything really).
i do not have this issue but i do have a S20+ idk if that makes a difference

My fordpass leaves a constant message on my phone that I cant delete or fix, If I try and clear it it just instantly rings my phone about it. It says something about the app using wifi. Almost makes me want to delete the app. I have a samsing s20 ultra

Dang, i have an iphone 7. 3 years old but no problems until the fordpass app.

No issues here with battery, just the app never working. Lol....

YES!!! Posted this on another forum. Had to delete it. Location tracking was off and it still was draining my battery.

Running fine on my iPhone 11 - uses less than 1%. About the same as previous phone (iPh6) and F-150. Might be a corrupted install. It’s a pain in the “apple” but try deleting the app and reinstalling.

YES, new member here, had to put my 2 cents in.
Same thing happening to me with iPhone 11.
If you "Log Out" of the app it will stop draining your battery, no need to delete the app.
Then you just Log back in when you want to use the app.

Hope this helps.

Log out is not easy to find. It is under "My Account" scroll to the bottom and a small font "log out" in red must be hit, which takes you to a confirmation to log off.

Yes. Eating my battery by lunch as well.

YES, new member here, had to put my 2 cents in.
Same thing happening to me with iPhone 11.
If you "Log Out" of the app it will stop draining your battery, no need to delete the app.
Then you just Log back in when you want to use the app.

Hope this helps.
This did not work for me. I even deleted and reinstalled and it still does it. iPhone 11 Pro.

Galaxy S20+ with latest software packages, no battery issues at all. Negligible usage. I'm always logged in.

As a note to all, the performance of the app can vary not just between device types, but among the same hardware as well. Not everything is created equally, unfortunately. There can be many factors involved, including how the system treats the app (putting it to sleep, etc), how other apps may interact with the FordPass (anti virus?), etc.

Galaxy S20+ with latest software packages, no battery issues at all. Negligible usage. I'm always logged in.

As a note to all, the performance of the app can vary not just between device types, but among the same hardware as well. Not everything is created equally, unfortunately. There can be many factors involved, including how the system treats the app (putting it to sleep, etc), how other apps may interact with the FordPass (anti virus?), etc.
same phone and still no issues .... works great ... but i think the better phone you have the better it is .... i installed it on my Galaxy s2 and it locked up and froze and was unusable

I just checked mine, again, and its .5% of my battery life

I am having the same issue. killed my battery today, brand new iPhone 12 pro max so there shouldn't be any battery issues. used the app this AM to turn the car on and the app stayed on for the rest of the day. pretty weak

I got a message in the app yesterday saying they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Had an LG VQ-40 and now a VQ-60 no probs

Back