modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
What's everyone planning on using the upfitter switches for?

Thinking of running front light bar, spot lights, rear bumper lights and air compressor through them before next hunting season. Still debating it though, as the Rubicon is our primary vehicle for hunting and off-roading, mainly just got the Tremor just to pull the toys.

lights, lights, maybe a winch, maybe power to my trailer, maybe an air compressor

Front driving lights, Puddle lights (aka rock lights), rear back up lights, HAM radio relay, cell signal booster relay, ARB air compressor relay.

Front driving lights, Puddle lights (aka rock lights), rear back up lights, HAM radio relay, cell signal booster relay, ARB air compressor relay.
Where will put the ARB? Is there room in the engine compartment?

Where will put the ARB? Is there room in the engine compartment?
I’m planning on putting it behind the rear bench after I get the built right seat latch installed. Need to get back there and see what’s available for mounting locations. Hoping to fit the arb twin with the accu air endo tank.

I’m planning on putting it behind the rear bench after I get the built right seat latch installed. Need to get back there and see what’s available for mounting locations. Hoping to fit the arb twin with the accu air endo tank.
Whoa! I didn’t know that was a thing.

You can flip the driver’s side back seat down, it just takes a few seconds. Not much room back there though.

Not sure how much space is back there. I’m hoping there enough room for a 6” diameter air tank. If not then I think I’ll put the tank and compressor in the storage bin under the seat. We’ll see

Easy:

1. Front Driving Lights
2. Front Fog Lights
3. Rear Backup / Work Lights
4. On Board Air
5. Front Winch In-Cab Controller Power
6. Rear Winch In-Cab Controller Power (both front and rear winches through a Blue-Sea two panel momentary switch setup to actuate the winches in and out)

Easy:

6. Rear Winch In-Cab Controller Power (both front and rear winches through a Blue-Sea two panel momentary switch setup to actuate the winches in and out)

That sounds slick!

OK, I see a lot of air compressor comments, just wondering what everybody is using air for, often enough to permanently mount a compressor.

Rock Taxi: Double winches? What in God's name are you getting into? lol

As a side note, I'm currently in Appalachia doing some utility work and being from the flat lands of Indiana, I now have a through understanding of why so many people are running what I'd otherwise consider very aggresive offroad tires on their DD's.
This company mounts Dura-tracs on all their trucks.
These hils are STEEP and the dirt might as well be grease at the first hint of moisture....

I would use a compressor for airing up tires and toys. The portable ones are garbage. Road psi on these trucks is high and I air down to around 30 psi when offroad (on my old truck- haven't gone off roading in the new truck yet). Airing up a tire from 30 to 60+ psi would burn out most cheap-o chinesium portable cigarette lighter compressors. The ARB twin is robust and is made by hand in Australia. It also has a 100% duty cycle and can run to 120 psi. Combined with an air tank, tire re-inflation will be quicker. You can alos run air tools on it as well. We also float our rivers here in Montana in the Summer and the on-board air makes it fast and easy to air up rafts, tubes, etc.

lights, lights and more lights. I will be installing the air compressor on my Jeep if I love it will get a second for the Tremor, I don't see the need for a switch for the winch. I have one on the Ruby and only use the wireless controller. the winch has a power switch on the unit plus the engagement cog.

I'm out in the woods alone a lot, so I like to be behind the wheel driving while winching. Since I will have in and out switches in the cab, I like to be able to turn them off when not in use. I could wire both to one switch if I need another upfitter for something else.

I mostly use the rear winch setup for dragging things at the ranch onto the trailer, but have used it to get back out of trouble when going forward creates a bigger problem. :)

Ed

Front rigid bar lights, rigid rear spreaders, arb compressor

Everything is wired to the up-fitter switches, I only have battery power to the winches left to run.

1. Front Driving Lights
2. Rear Backup / Work Lights
3. Front winch in-cab controller power
4. Rear winch in-cab controller power
5. Viaiar air compressor (panel set to have power without engine running)
6. 12v socket in-bed power (panel set to have power without engine running)

The Rigid Fog Lights are powered through the factory Ford fog light switch with Bambi mode enabled.

Ed

Back