Ford Tremor: Complete History

I remember the 13-14 Tremor being a big disappointment. So many people wanted it to be the SVT Lightning, but it was such a flop.
This! When I ordered my 2013 F150 I wanted the Tremor, but when I found out it wasn't quite the AWD Lightning I thought it would be I gave up. Then I couldn't get the 6.2 in a regular cab, so went 4x4 Super Crew 6.5 bed and traded for my now 7.3 lol

Edits: added changes to '21 and '22 model year super dutys. Added info to '21 Ranger Tremor

View attachment 18927
Id like to think that the 2005 FX4 Hoss Edition that some dudes at Ford tossed together had some sort of influence on the current Super duty Tremors. From what I remember it had some lockers, a slight lift, tires and a winch. Even had the rear fenders trimmed with a high clearance bumper
Is That an 05? that has the body style of the 08-10 model which was the 6.4 (Worst diesel motor ford made) with catastrophic failures.

Here's some more links.

Is That an 05? that has the body style of the 08-10 model which was the 6.4 (Worst diesel motor ford made) with catastrophic failures.
Its the later model. The fourwheeler article does mention 2005 but the photos of the 08-10. Although the other article i linked to talks about a 2011 Hoss with the new 6.7
6a00d83451b3c669e20120a8f627c1970b-800wi.jpg

Last edited:
Its the later model. The fourwheeler article does mention 2005 but the photos of the 08-10. Although the other article i linked to talks about a 2011 Hoss with the new 6.7 View attachment 18940
thats a 2011+ right there, look at the fender and 6.7 badge

what happened to the 2021 F-150 as its own trim level? Doesn't exist on Ford's website.

View attachment 18927
Id like to think that the 2005 FX4 Hoss Edition that some dudes at Ford tossed together had some sort of influence on the current Super duty Tremors. From what I remember it had some lockers, a slight lift, tires and a winch. Even had the rear fenders trimmed with a high clearance bumper
Now this takes some cahones!

And these would've been nice, in RED:
1615481229235.png

Edits: added changes to '21 and '22 model year super dutys. Added info to '21 Ranger Tremor
Can you edit your first post the part(s) where it mentions 13/14 F150 Tremor? The F150 Tremor was only available for MY 2014, not 2013.

Awesome, thanks for sharing the history!
Good to know

Tremor history question. I was under the impression the 12th gen. F150 Tremor was full time AWD as the only option. Looking at Wiki (I know, great resource) it does show the FX2 and FX4 package which would mean there were 2wd versions. But for some reason I remember reading about the AWD being standard.

I shared this in the unpopular opinions section but I wish they would have went with "Highboy" as a nod to the 60s/70s pickup. Or as @GaryDE just brought up "Bigfoot". Bigfoot probably wasn't available but would have been kinda cool and awesomely confusing with the Bronco Sasquatch. Any dino experts on here that know dinosaurs bigger and meaner than a T-rex (not including the fake one in the Jurassic world movies)? lol

I remember a buddy of mine picking me up to go to the airport for a snowboarding trip in his brand new Ranger with the Tremor sound system. I had forgotten about it until reading this. Thanks for the memory!!

Tremor history question. I was under the impression the 12th gen. F150 Tremor was full time AWD as the only option. Looking at Wiki (I know, great resource) it does show the FX2 and FX4 package which would mean there were 2wd versions. But for some reason I remember reading about the AWD being standard.

Never heard of AWD on a tremor. So yeah they were fx2 or fx4 versions. They never had AWD in any form like the new raptors and f150.

Back