FORD TRAILER TPMS CAMERAS YOU ADD TO YOUR BUILD

Fuckin Scummy Assholes. I bet they are cheating on their wifes with their best friends old lady. Then beating his kid as the kid saw him cheating on his mother. Life is what we make of it. What we do and say in life makes us who we are. ????

I finally got my 2021 F350 Tremor built. When it arrived and I went to pick it up, it didn't have the TPMS trailer camera that was a 725$ option on my build. Luckily I had my list of things to check and brought it up to the salesman. He said I needed to go to parts and show them my window sticker.
First things first, thats BS. The salesman should have done the leg work, but I went and asked. What a run around. They had to order one they said. Well they called and said to come in and get it 4 weeks later. Well I just went there today and they tried to give me an open box with a camera and harness. It had a shipping label and it had someone elses vin on it and it was dated 1/4/18.
I snapped. I lost my cool. The parts manager said it came like this, but someone else said they didn't want me to wait so they gave me someone elses. I said thats a lie also since the shipping lable said 2018. I paid just under 100,000$. I spoke with my salesman and the sales manager and they said they will get a hold of the Ford rep and get me one. They asked if I knew anyone who oredered it and if it was mailed directly to them.
Has anyone else order the TPMS or the reg trailer camera with your build. Was it in the truck when it showed or did you have to go to parts and get it yourself or was it mailed dirrectly to you. Does anyone know the the difference between the 2 cameras as mine was 725$ and the reg 325$. Thanks for any input.
This has been a tuff go around with this dealer. Ughhhhhhhh:mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 17994View attachment 17995
Ironman, I ordered this, and mine was in a sealed box in the back seat... my salesman, opened the box with me and took everything out, went through it to ensure it was all there... he packaged it back in the box and back in the back seat it went. I have not installed it as of yet.. Further, my winch was NOT included, and I did have to wait for the salesman to track it down for me, which took about a week, and they did the install and gave me a loaner while they took care of that piece. Sorry you having these issues, should not happen, let alone at this price point... Hope you get it resolved quickly.. ask them for the Ford Rep phone number.. that should move them..

I picked up my truck March 3, 2020. No TPMS in truck. Did not order the camera part. All the gooseneck and sway stuff was inside the truck. Told that Ford would send the TPMS in April. Then it was August. Then in November I checked and no definite answer. After New Years 2021 I sent called Ford customer help. Lady called back and said she was checking on it. A few weeks later I sent a letter ( 1-25-21) and copy of window sticker to Ford asking when I could expect my TPMS. I also called again to be sure that the letter was received, although it was sent certified mail. I did get a call back saying she was going to try to expedite it.
My letter...

On March 3, 2020 I picked up my F350 from the dealer. At that time the TPMS was not with the vehicle. Mike Arnold said he would check on it. Later he informed me that it would be shipped in April. In the summer I contacted Mike and the TPMS was to be shipped in August. I contacted the dealer again in November and did not get a time for shipment.

The first week in January 2021, I called the Ford Customer Assistance at 1-800-565-3673. After being cut off three times I finally talked with a lady who assured me that she would check on it. I gave here the pertinent information. She called the dealer. Mike gave her vehicle invoice number, part number for the TPMS. She also told him she would check and find out what was the reason for the holdup. As of this morning neither Mike nor I have been contacted.

Since it is approaching eleven months since I picked up the truck, Ford owes me an explanation as to when I can expect to get the TPMS. I want to be contacted by Ford as to when I can expect this to be concluded.

If you have anything in the box you can use and it will work on your truck, I say take it because they seem rare in the Ford inventory.
It is interesting all this missing stuff can be ordered on the build web site.

I picked up my truck March 3, 2020. No TPMS in truck. Did not order the camera part. All the gooseneck and sway stuff was inside the truck. Told that Ford would send the TPMS in April. Then it was August. Then in November I checked and no definite answer. After New Years 2021 I sent called Ford customer help. Lady called back and said she was checking on it. A few weeks later I sent a letter ( 1-25-21) and copy of window sticker to Ford asking when I could expect my TPMS. I also called again to be sure that the letter was received, although it was sent certified mail. I did get a call back saying she was going to try to expedite it.
My letter...

On March 3, 2020 I picked up my F350 from the dealer. At that time the TPMS was not with the vehicle. Mike Arnold said he would check on it. Later he informed me that it would be shipped in April. In the summer I contacted Mike and the TPMS was to be shipped in August. I contacted the dealer again in November and did not get a time for shipment.

The first week in January 2021, I called the Ford Customer Assistance at 1-800-565-3673. After being cut off three times I finally talked with a lady who assured me that she would check on it. I gave here the pertinent information. She called the dealer. Mike gave her vehicle invoice number, part number for the TPMS. She also told him she would check and find out what was the reason for the holdup. As of this morning neither Mike nor I have been contacted.

Since it is approaching eleven months since I picked up the truck, Ford owes me an explanation as to when I can expect to get the TPMS. I want to be contacted by Ford as to when I can expect this to be concluded.

If you have anything in the box you can use and it will work on your truck, I say take it because they seem rare in the Ford inventory.
It is interesting all this missing stuff can be ordered on the build web site.
That’s insane. Ford is really messing up their rep. So sorry to hear this. I was bothered all day and night but today is a new day. Hearing your story makes me wonder how I would handle that. I will include you and your situation in my prayers. ?????????

Ironman, I ordered this, and mine was in a sealed box in the back seat... my salesman, opened the box with me and took everything out, went through it to ensure it was all there... he packaged it back in the box and back in the back seat it went. I have not installed it as of yet.. Further, my winch was NOT included, and I did have to wait for the salesman to track it down for me, which took about a week, and they did the install and gave me a loaner while they took care of that piece. Sorry you having these issues, should not happen, let alone at this price point... Hope you get it resolved quickly.. ask them for the Ford Rep phone number.. that should move them..
Thanks brother. It’ll all work out. You are one of the few that received it. I’m glad it worked out for you. Sounds like a great dealer. ???????

Fuckin Scummy Assholes. I bet they are cheating on their wifes with their best friends old lady. Then beating his kid as the kid saw him cheating on his mother. Life is what we make of it. What we do and say in life makes us who we are. ????
Oddly specific?

but i feel your pain. Wishing you and your camera/sensors the best.

Oddly specific?

but i feel your pain. Wishing you and your camera/sensors the best.
Today is a new day. I hated being so bothered over a 725$ camera. Much worse things to be bothered over. But thanks for your well wishes.
???????

I ordered my truck June 2020, picked it up October 2020, and the Trailer Camera/TPMS came in December 2020. I had to pick it up from the dealer, but my sales guy had it on his desk, it was unopened, and had my VIN on it.

The box is in my garage for now, don't know what to do with it. I ordered for the TPMS, don't need the camera persé, as I have a Furion wireless camera installed on my trailer.
I installed my camera/TPMS system. I also have a camera on my RV but now I don't have to have a separate monitor to view. I bought it so I can use the AUX camera to view my RV right on the display.

I ordered my truck June 2020, picked it up October 2020, and the Trailer Camera/TPMS came in December 2020. I had to pick it up from the dealer, but my sales guy had it on his desk, it was unopened, and had my VIN on it.

The box is in my garage for now, don't know what to do with it. I ordered for the TPMS, don't need the camera persé, as I have a Furion wireless camera installed on my trailer.
Interested in selling the camera?

I installed my camera/TPMS system. I also have a camera on my RV but now I don't have to have a separate monitor to view. I bought it so I can use the AUX camera to view my RV right on the display.
Any lessons learned or tips from the install process?

Did you install the camera yourself or have it professionally done?

Edit: I reread your comment. You did the install.

Well the dealer delivered my camera kit today right to my house through his parts guy. He said they were backordered nationally and they just came in. 39 days after taking delivery. All wires and a few little boxes and random cables with instructions. Sealed. Now I just gotta try and hook it up.

I ordered just the TPMS option and upon truck delivery they were no where to be found. Sales had to fill out a "we owe" paper. Following day they found it. The box was opened, but all the parts were accounted for. Not happy with that situation. I asked them if they read the window sticker. Idiots.

"Did you install the camera yourself or have it professionally done?"

Other than running the cable and mounting the camera what more is there to it? I have a Furrion that came with my trailer but I ordered the Ford on the assumption that it couldn't be worse plus not having the Furrion monitor rattling around on the dash will not be missed. It actually nestles quite well in the dash trough but the power cord dangling down to the 12V ciggy outlet is a big turnoff.

Really appreciate this thread. I included the Trailer Camera/TPMS kit in my order as well and the dealer is expecting the truck in the next week. I just sent an email to my salesman about this apparent issue in the interest of giving him a heads up to make sure and follow up before I drive over to pick up the truck. I really don't expect the package to be in the truck but I do expect the dealership to own this and make it right. I will not do what they have been paid generously to do for me. I should know in a few days.

And here is my story.....ordered just the kit for TPMS about a year ago through and online Ford dealer in Florida. A week later got the box, opened it and the TPMS receiver module had a tag on it saying "DEFECTIVE". Called the dealer and they didn't believe me. I had to send a pic to the parts manager. He reluctantly said he would send a replacement but they were out and he would have to track one down. 2 weeks later I get it in the mail. Installation was pretty straight forward. Turned on the truck and it was not showing up in my trailer info screen. Called the manager back and told him it also didn't work. Another 2 weeks later I get a box and this time it had whole new kit. TPMS, wiring harness and as a bonus there was the camera in it!!! I think I paid just over $400 and with the camera it was about $600. The camera was easy to hookup on my camper. So now while I'm pulling my camper I can view the camera from my console and no longer have to use an external wireless monitor which blocks my view

Here is what the instructions don't tell you......In order for it to work you have to use Forscan and enable the trailer tpms menu or take it to a dealer and hope the will do it for you.

"Did you install the camera yourself or have it professionally done?"

Other than running the cable and mounting the camera what more is there to it? I have a Furrion that came with my trailer but I ordered the Ford on the assumption that it couldn't be worse plus not having the Furrion monitor rattling around on the dash will not be missed. It actually nestles quite well in the dash trough but the power cord dangling down to the 12V ciggy outlet is a big turnoff.
You’re basically correct. Run the cable and mount the camera... plus you have to swap out the bumper plug ? on your truck to the new one they give you that gas a port for the camera cable. This part is super easy after you drop the spare tire down.
A guy on YouTube has a 4 part install guide that walks you through the whole process.
Here’s his trailer playlist that contains the Ford customer placed trailer camera videos.

My winch arrived at the dealer a couple days earlier but the trailer cam/TPMS did not. My salesman is taking charge of getting this ironed out. I told him I don't have my trailer yet so no burden for me and he said he'll stay on it with the parts department to get it expedited if possible. Craig Bowes at Pearson Ford Zionsville, IN is the best there is.

Latest Discussions

Back