Ford to Shutdown Plants

I ordered one back in February and it was supposed to go into production this week.

Mine is stuck at train yard because they closed it down. My truck is a 100 miles away from me!

Times have certainly got tough all of a sudden. I don't think it will matter that much, because I can't see many people going out and buy vehicles right now while they can't work. I just hope Ford can push through this period without going bankrupt.

My went to the plant this week. Now it will sit for who knows how long. Sucks all around!

I heard other manufacturers also closing to disinfect the plants and let the workers go home and not spread the virus. I am very grateful mine is at the dealership ( still haven't seen it yet) hopefully will be home this weekend. Hope this turns around in a couple weeks.

I heard other manufacturers also closing to disinfect the plants and let the workers go home and not spread the virus. I am very grateful mine is at the dealership ( still haven't seen it yet) hopefully will be home this weekend. Hope this turns around in a couple weeks.

Hope the virus will turn around in a couple weeks? Sadly and most unfortunately, all data points to a big no. Projections are showing things hopefully starting to let up by and of June.

Hope the virus will turn around in a couple weeks? Sadly and most unfortunately, all data points to a big no. Projections are showing things hopefully starting to let up by and of June.
I just saw an interview with the CEO of Fed Ex and they have been dealing with this since it came out in China. He sounded very positive that it will turn around few weeks and the economic recovery would be V shaped. So your glass is half full brother!!!!

Mine is stuck at train yard because they closed it down. My truck is a 100 miles away from me!
Presidential Policy Directive 21 (PPD-21) and 42 U.S.C. and Section 5195c(e) is supposed to get it back up and running as critical infrastructure, unless it is some non-Class I line.

My Tremor started production yesterday. It supposedly takes 20 hours or so to build one. So by tomorrow evening when they shut down with one shift that would be just enough time to finish it and get it to testing and bed liner spraying. Crap. It will be stuck at that stage. now forever. I ordered a camper to go in the bed and now I don't know if that will be made or if it is if I'll have a truck to haul it away from that plant. I was wondering if manufacturing would stop. This is not looking good. I can give up on the truck for awhile (it still sucks), but we need to get this virus whipped. Can't we manufacture face masks and respirators? We need a WW2 level response. I mean how many old ladies have sewing machines just sitting around? 40 million? Get them some filter fabric and go to town on it by paying them 50 cents for each one. I bet they could knock out 200 per day each. That would be 8 billion masks per day for 4 billion. OK. That does not make much sense,. How about 10 million old ladies making 100 per day at .50 cents each? That would be $500M. A mere drop in the bucket. No idea how much a small roll of that paper fabric would be but it must not be much. But 1 billion masks is a lot of masks. Enough for every man, woman, and child in the hemisphere. Or enough for just my neighbor Rick who is hoarding everything.

My Tremor started production yesterday. It supposedly takes 20 hours or so to build one. So by tomorrow evening when they shut down with one shift that would be just enough time to finish it and get it to testing and bed liner spraying. Crap. It will be stuck at that stage. now forever. I ordered a camper to go in the bed and now I don't know if that will be made or if it is if I'll have a truck to haul it away from that plant. I was wondering if manufacturing would stop. This is not looking good. I can give up on the truck for awhile (it still sucks), but we need to get this virus whipped. Can't we manufacture face masks and respirators? We need a WW2 level response. I mean how many old ladies have sewing machines just sitting around? 40 million? Get them some filter fabric and go to town on it by paying them 50 cents for each one. I bet they could knock out 200 per day each. That would be 8 billion masks per day for 4 billion. OK. That does not make much sense,. How about 10 million old ladies making 100 per day at .50 cents each? That would be $500M. A mere drop in the bucket. No idea how much a small roll of that paper fabric would be but it must not be much. But 1 billion masks is a lot of masks. Enough for every man, woman, and child in the hemisphere. Or enough for just my neighbor Rick who is hoarding everything.
Turn up your volumes! Arts and crafts will be extended 8 hours today!

Turn up your volumes! Arts and crafts will be extended 8 hours today!
I’m in the same situation of waiting for any news if transport will continue during this crazy time. Hopefully I will become TOTM for April ?? In the meantime, let’s all get through this alive!

What yard is it stuck at? How do you know the yard was shut down? Mine is at Lordstown, but I am not seeing it picked up for truck freight to the dealer. Been sitting there for 5 days so far.

Bruce

What yard is it stuck at? How do you know the yard was shut down? Mine is at Lordstown, but I am not seeing it picked up for truck freight to the dealer. Been sitting there for 5 days so far.

Bruce
Mine is in El Mirage outside of Phoenix. It's a huge train yard just mainly for vehicles being transported. The problem is the trucks that transport the vehicles to the final dealerships are not moving.

WOW... That sucks. I guess it's time to call the dealer later today and see where we are.... Geez, SO close yet so far!

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 1.58.57 AM.png

WOW... That sucks. I guess it's time to call the dealer later today and see where we are.... Geez, SO close yet so far!

View attachment 940
Where are you able to find that specific tracking? Is that that csx number option?

Just in time! My Tremor arrived at the dealer yesterday, and I am picking it up Saturday.

Back