Ford to Shutdown Plants

Going to call the dealer today and see if they can provide an update on mine. I don't anticipate much, but would like to know if they can update and see if a VIN has been issued. We'll see. I would rather our American workers be safe and healthy, and delay my delivery if needed.

Going to call the dealer today and see if they can provide an update on mine. I don't anticipate much, but would like to know if they can update and see if a VIN has been issued. We'll see. I would rather our American workers be safe and healthy, and delay my delivery if needed.
I'm sure they are going to sanitize the facility and have some type of system to make sure possible infected workers do not return immediately then they will be back at it.

I don’t think there’s any stopping it now ......

50F251CC-7756-4ECF-BA87-F010F06A42FD.jpeg

It’ll be here before I know it. There is a lot to distract me.
Mine originally said 28 days, then it when back to 25 days a week later, 5 more days and it was shown as arrived at the dealership. So my guess is 10-14 days for you! However the shipping in general seems to be slower these days. good luck to you!

Mine originally said 28 days, then it when back to 25 days a week later, 5 more days and it was shown as arrived at the dealership. So my guess is 10-14 days for you! However the shipping in general seems to be slower these days. good luck to you!
Thanks PR

Oh no doubt, like papa said it'll be there way before that. Mine showed up a week before the date they gave me.
Awesome to hear. Need a little uptick in all this mess. We’ve already had staff exposures at this hospital. It’s a bit heavy on the brain here.

Was talking to the manager of the dealer today and he told me it takes a while to shut down a factory and it also takes a while to get it back up and running. It's not like a light switch can't just turn off and on just like that. So when they start up again it is a process

Was talking to the manager of the dealer today and he told me it takes a while to shut down a factory and it also takes a while to get it back up and running. It's not like a light switch can't just turn off and on just like that. So when they start up again it is a process

Might as well stop 2020 production and retool for 2021 production. Bring on that new interior!

Might as well stop 2020 production and retool for 2021 production. Bring on that new interior!
At least the 20 1/2 model year

I feel real bad for the people who have pending orders. Hopefully only a few weeks delay. gotta tell you its worth the wait. No disappointments

Ford announces plans to keep plants closed past March 30. No time table to re-open plants. My truck is trapped in KTP purgatory.

I guess my wait continues. Oh well. Hopefully they clean the plants and get operations back up and running sooner than later.

KTP supposed to open April 14.

KTP supposed to open April 14.
Hope it does, For what ever reason Mercury Marine is still open and making outboard engines. I have close friends that work there and they are pissed off that they have to go in to work and are deemed essential. When Harley Davidson, GM and Ford are closed.

I have an old school buddy working in China and is currently on week 9 of self isolation, as is nearly everyone else in the city which is about the size of NYC. Daily workforce influx is actually over 22 million. I wouldn’t hold my breath on Ford reopening production until most likely mid to end of May. Employees will be brought back slowly over a couple weeks if we follow China’s lead on this. When workers start returning to work the government and employers will be monitoring closely any signs of a second outbreak. I believe we’ve already surpassed China’s claimed infected numbers though I haven’t looked in a couple days.

Ford changed their mind. Plants will stay closed indefinitely.
At this point I am about to give up. My original order was back in September for silver spruce. Changed order in December to iconic silver because spruce was still not being made. My truck was literally being built the week the plant shut down. Now it could be months.

Latest Discussions

Back