jhblaze1

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Agate Black 6.7 Tremor
Current Ride #2
Ducati Diavel 1260S
Big layoffs at ford.

Not sure how or if this would affect orders and timing or if its mostly just redundant office staff. Might be a lot of grumpy guys on the assembly line though if this is hitting manufacturing folks.

Last edited:
Big layoffs at ford.

Not sure how or if this would affect orders and timing or if its mostly just redundant office staff. Might be a lot of grumpy guys on the assembly line though if this is hitting manufacturing folks.

In other news yahoo.com is still a website!

That's unfortunate news :(

That's unfortunate news :(
Can't be good for morale.

I used to work at a large custody bank in Boston (state street bank and trust) and they laid off around 1000-1500 people every single year. then they'd back fill with entry level college grads and repeat. Every year you wondered if it was gonna be your turn. Morale was terrible. Every single person I know who worked there or still does, hated their job and was looking to leave. The pay was shit, mediocre benefits but it was a foot in the financial services industry. But with those yearly layoffs and no job security people simply gave 0 shits about the quality of their work. Probably the most toxic work environment I've ever encountered.....not saying Ford is like that but with Ford's reorg and cost cutting over the last few years with all of these layoffs I can't imagine a lot of people really give a shit anymore.

That said if Ford's gonna post a loss this year, they need to do something, but harsh layoffs almost always hurt morale and then quality suffers.

Layoff are never good, but it seems like they have been planned for a while. Hopefully it does not affect Super Duty production too much. From that article: "In North America -- the automaker’s most profitable region thanks to F-Series pickups -- the cutbacks are smaller and are expected to come in the form of voluntary buyouts.:

It sounds bad but It's not really a lot for a company that size. There are more automation robots that build the trucks/auto these days. Many other manufacturers, not just automotive industry but everything, have been replacing workers with machines. As those jobs are lost there are other jobs opening up.

Back