F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO
New to the 6.7L and I did not know much about regen and found this video on DPF regen and thought I would post up. I am thinking this info is still fairly accurate for the 2020’s. So much for swapping out exhaust tips.

Maybe moderators can start a sticky post for forum members quick access to Tech talk maintenance videos.

Last edited:
New to diesels also and Wow that sounds like a pain in the butt. I knew about refilling the DEF fluid and that diesels don't like too many short drives, but the 45+ regen is interesting. How much does that delete cost again? :ROFLMAO:

Open source internet...

For example, for every 100 gallons of diesel fuel consumed, between 2 and 4 gallons of DEF will be automatically injected into the exhaust system. The typical DEF tank will be approximately 15 – 20 gallons, thus requiring a fill every 5,000 to 6,000 miles.

Did they really say that the use of ‘shiny exhaust tip add ons’ can damage the system? Sort of BS that they also tell you that your remote starter can damage the system. If that’s the case then why have one?!

Did they really say that the use of ‘shiny exhaust tip add ons’ can damage the system? Sort of BS that they also tell you that your remote starter can damage the system. If that’s the case then why have one?!

I hear ya, similar thoughts here...illogical.

My buddies in AZ use remote all the time and let them idle way more than I’d ever consider none of them have issues. I ordered a diesel it’ll be my first. Everything I read is opposite of 4-5 of my good buddies real world experience on this stuff and some of them are on their 3rd 6.7.

I’ll be cautious but won’t be stressed.

Does anyone have a pointer that explains the delete option?

Does anyone have a pointer that explains the delete option?
There are youtube videos but so your aware it is illegal to remove epa equipment off your truck ... Don't get caught

There are youtube videos but so your aware it is illegal to remove epa equipment off your truck ... Don't get caught

Yes, I figured it was not legal, but I like to research my options.

Yes, I figured it was not legal, but I like to research my options.
That's fine I have done my research as well ... I don't see a reason to do right now I still get amazing mpg as of right now but I also see the truck is happier but I work on military bases and the cops on base are ass hole the last thing I need is problems from them

That's fine I have done my research as well ... I don't see a reason to do right now I still get amazing mpg as of right now but I also see the truck is happier but I work on military bases and the cops on base are ass hole the last thing I need is problems from them

I like the mpgs as well. And to kiss a 100k warranty good by at least for me especially on a diesel is not in my future, just too much can go wrong and cost thousands. Just another view point.

5CAF92B1-BBE5-4FB3-B57B-1C8FACCF9530.jpeg

i completely agree... the warranty is a huge reason why not to do it and yea i get 22mpg with no front bumper at all hahaha my bumoer comes in today so we will see how bad it drops the bumper is 240 lbs shipping weight

i completely agree... the warranty is a huge reason why not to do it and yea i get 22mpg with no front bumper at all hahaha my bumoer comes in today so we will see how bad it drops the bumper is 240 lbs shipping weight

You will be fine with the new bumper, not a gnat on your beast. Post up photos when you can. Sent you a PM.

You will be fine with the new bumper, not a gnat on your beast. Post up photos when you can. Sent you a PM.

240 lbs is one BIG gnat! :oops:

Lets see that new bumper! What did you get?

posted in this thread .... road armor

Back