modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
Anyone have experience with these headlights? Not cheap, but they look like a good upgrade for the basic OEM halogen headlights.

Ford_SuperDuty_LED_Projector_Headlights_Morimoto_XB_2__59779.1563386168.jpg

17_Super_Duty_XB_LED_Headlights_Low_High_Beam_Labels__99082.1563386161.jpg

More information can be found here: https://headlightrevolution.com/2017-ford-super-duty-xb-led-headlights/

The grilles on the 2020’s are bolted on and build like a tank compared to any other grille I have taken off. If you have the sport package it has 2 hidden bolts behind the lowest Painted cross trim. You have to pry it off with plastic tools or you will scratch the paint. It was a b*+ch to take off without breaking it. I believe the XLT’s have just a small tab to pry off for access to the bolts. There are also 2 nuts attached to the head lights.

Attachments

• 90D28BD4-0ACD-4F50-A3CD-B588B512D525.jpeg
    90D28BD4-0ACD-4F50-A3CD-B588B512D525.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 128
  • C73DCD0F-ECE2-4D47-9CF3-2FE09CA788F7.jpeg
    C73DCD0F-ECE2-4D47-9CF3-2FE09CA788F7.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 92C3EADA-AE77-42C7-845F-896C22FE0177.jpeg
    92C3EADA-AE77-42C7-845F-896C22FE0177.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 123
I have their LED headlights in my 4Runner. They look really sharp with the blacked out housing and sequential LED strip. The performance is a little disappointing for the price... they're only marginally better than stock. Assuming their super duty lights perform similarly, go HID or a different LED kit if you want a serious light upgrade.

IMG_0037.jpg

I have their LED headlights in my 4Runner. They look really sharp with the blacked out housing and sequential LED strip. The performance is a little disappointing for the price... they're only marginally better than stock. Assuming their super duty lights perform similarly, go HID or a different LED kit if you want a serious light upgrade.

View attachment 2218

Thanks for your honest take...price is steep for what seemed to be marginally better brightness in the videos I saw.

Seems like there's not really a fool proof cheap upgrade, that is on road legal, for those with halogen headlights. Read that people even had issues with the morimotos as well as the anzos (they leak) and the alpha rex which appear to be inconsistent. Led is cheapest but it'll just blind all oncoming traffic...

OEM LED upgrade is over 3000$.

Not familiar with that brand, but I have ANZO U-Bar headlight assemblies in my current 2015 for over 4 years without a problem. I also have to agree with JC Tremor, unless you absolutely do not like the factory headlight assemblies, OEM LED upgrade bulbs are the way to go.

Anyone have experience with these headlights? Not cheap, but they look like a good upgrade for the basic OEM halogen headlights.

View attachment 1239

View attachment 1240

More information can be found here: https://headlightrevolution.com/2017-ford-super-duty-xb-led-headlights/
I'm disappointed that Morimoto does NOT currently have an option for OEM LED plugins.

As OP stated - these can be installed on trucks with OEM Halogen headlights.

Apollo Optics will be carrying soon it appears! Great to see!

Last edited:
We've got these coming in next month and have a few sets left and available for pre-order if anyone is interested!

^^^ same. TRS usually has pretty good black Friday deals too (10-25% discount range) that I may take advantage of during the holiday season. I am curious on the longevity on these LED lamps vs. OEM.

I'll be honest, there is just not enough room in these lights to do a Group Buy at this time and the demand for them has been pretty high. Historically, they've excluded the Gen 2 Raptor and Super Duty headlights from any holiday promotions at TRS because the demand has been high and there's been little to no inventory. That may change and if it does, we will be stocking accordingly in an effort to make sure that we can offer you the best pricing on them. But as of right now, they are going for full list and are still approx 3-4 weeks out.

Regarding longevity, the lights have a 5-year warranty from Morimoto/TRS.

Anyone know if the 2017-2019 XB's pictured in the original post will work in a 2021? I kind of prefer the older, simpler Morimoto design to the new design with the Y. (Old vs. New below.)

27000.Ford_Super_Duty_17_19_XB_LED_Headlights.110.jpg

61698.20_Super_Duty_XB_LED_Headlights.150.jpg
Probably best to give TRS a call and check, I'm curious about this too especially since the older gen may get clearanced at some point in the near future.

Anyone know if the 2017-2019 XB's pictured in the original post will work in a 2021? I kind of prefer the older, simpler Morimoto design to the new design with the Y. (Old vs. New below.)

27000.Ford_Super_Duty_17_19_XB_LED_Headlights.110.jpg

61698.20_Super_Duty_XB_LED_Headlights.150.jpg
Agreed - I love the "OLD" - square look (Different grill screwed them all up.

Back