Ford Spray in bedliner vs. LineX

Big_Ed

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Military
USAR Retired/Disabled
Current Ride
N/A
Just wanted to mention to those desiring a spray in liner. You can get the LineX spray in liner for about 100.00 cheaper than the factory liner. At least for KTP, they send it out to a 3rd party company in Louisville to be sprayed. Word is that LineX is a better quality spray and I know for a fact my dealer in Jasper, IN. gets it done for 100.00 less than factory.

Just wanted to mention to those desiring a spray in liner. You can get the LineX spray in liner for about 100.00 cheaper than the factory liner. At least for KTP, they send it out to a 3rd party company in Louisville to be sprayed. Word is that LineX is a better quality spray and I know for a fact my dealer in Jasper, IN. gets it done for 100.00 less than factory.
My last two trucks had LineX bed liners which held up well. I would’ve opted for the LineX for the F250 I have on order but the Ford factory liner is included in the package I opted for (Lariat Ultimate Black Appearance Package). Figure I will run with the factory liner for now. If it doesn’t hold up I will replace it with LineX down the road.

Depends on where you are. It’s more expensive here. But I’m going that route as the prep that GFX does put me off. My dads truck has the Ford liner. It’s holding up fine so far. I’m just a nit noid.

You can't remove the factory spray in liner when ordering if you get the black appearance package.

As I posted in another thread, the factory liner is applied across the street from the plant at Ground Effects Ltd.

They use a bonding agent which is perfectly acceptable; in fact, many industries that are more critical than a truck bed liner use bonding agents instead of mechanical surface prep.

In my area Line-X is about 6 months out due to product. I opted for the Ford Bed liner

I also suspect that the Ford liner will hold up under the 3 year warranty. If it doesn't - you should be covered, correct?

I ordered the KR, so it is a separate addon. I prefer LineX over Ground Effects and in my area, saving 100 is a plus. I would hope that it would last longer than 3 years. The spray liner in my GM High Country 3500 DRW was still like new after 5 years. But I don't haul rock or loose items that can abuse it either.

I ordered the KR, so it is a separate addon. I prefer LineX over Ground Effects and in my area, saving 100 is a plus. I would hope that it would last longer than 3 years. The spray liner in my GM High Country 3500 DRW was still like new after 5 years. But I don't haul rock or loose items that can abuse it either.

this is part of it for me. We do, so it’ll be interesting to see how the factory liner holds up on his truck. The linex held up super well over 18 years. Though it did eventually fade.

I don’t have a problem with bonding agents. I super don’t like how they just blast the shit over the bed bolts.

One downside I believe is a thing with the factory liner compared to LineX: the factory liner doesn’t protect the bottom painted surface of the tailgate or the rearmost surface of the bed. The place where rocks would fall into between the bed and tailgate and scratch things up.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong about that.

I‘m getting the factory bed liner because of the black appearance package, so might look into way of protecting that. If anyone has any tips, I’m all ears.

Last edited:
One downside I believe is a thing with the factory liner compared to LineX: the factory liner doesn’t protect the bottom painted surface or the rearmost surface of the bed. The place where rocks would fall into between the bed and tailgate and scratch things up.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong about that.

I‘m getting the factory bed liner because of the black appearance package, so might look into way of protecting that. If anyone has any tips, I’m all ears.
Project farm just made a video today actually on best bed liners. (For protecting the area between tailgate)

Project farm just made a video today actually on best bed liners. (For protecting the area between tailgate)

Oh good call! Ya I suppose since it’s not a high use area a roll-on bedliner could work great.

I've had both the factory spray-in liner, and Line X. There's a substantial difference between them. It's in preparation. I know at Line X, they sand down inside your bed, remove all the tie down brackets and bolts before they spray it. They'll spray or not spray where you ask them to. I carry a Lance slide in camper. When I load, or unload it, it might scrape the bed. My Ford liner peeled along the fender well, exposing a shinny painted bed. My Line X never peeled. Also, Line X has a lifetime warranty against fading. Nothings uglier than a 2-3 yr old truck with a flat black bed.

I have the OEM on my 2017 F-150 GSP and it has held up fine. Granted, I don't haul gravel or anything like that but was impressed enough that it was an option I selected in March when I ordered the 250 that will maybe arrive for Christmas at the rate it is going.

Back