Ford saying estimated delivery of my f350 is July 14, yet its still in production...

blumhagen

Tremor Junkie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 Platinum Tremor w/6.7L Powersmoke
Personally I don't see it making all the way to the dealer up here in Edmonton which is 2000miles from the factory in less than a month. Especially considering its been in production since June 4 and still is. At least the train depot is like 30 minutes from my dealer.

Don't take to heart the dates on the date tracker. Mine showed in production for like 9 days. But Ford churns these out in about 23 hours. If your build date was June 4th you can take to the bank it was done on June 5th. It may or may not update with the scan from the train and/or the semi when it eventually gets there. Mine didn't get that kind of tracking.

Mine showed Built then Shipped and like a month later I got a text with a picture from my sales guy.

When my truck went from in production to in transit (3/06/22), it then took 3 weeks to arrive at my dealership (3/31/22) in Pennsylvania. Enjoy knowing you're one of the few lucky ones that are actually in production and one step closer to delivery.

Don't take to heart the dates on the date tracker. Mine showed in production for like 9 days. But Ford churns these out in about 23 hours. If your build date was June 4th you can take to the bank it was done on June 5th. It may or may not update with the scan from the train and/or the semi when it eventually gets there. Mine didn't get that kind of tracking.

Mine showed Built then Shipped and like a month later I got a text with a picture from my sales guy.

Pretty impressive they can crank these out in a day. Well, I mean I guess most of it is robots. Got a source on this? Not saying you're lying or wrong; I would just like to learn more and read about it.

Honestly I had figured it was on a chip hold, or maybe because of the multi contour seats. Mine weren't deleted on my platinum.

Honestly I had figured it was on a chip hold, or maybe because of the multi contour seats. Mine weren't deleted on my platinum.
If you actually were built with the MC seats, the story is that there is missing module that Ford is waiting on to complete your truck. Basically it is like a "chip hold." Your truck is complete minus that part. Ask the dealer for the VVR to find out for sure.

Pretty impressive they can crank these out in a day. Well, I mean I guess most of it is robots. Got a source on this? Not saying you're lying or wrong; I would just like to learn more and read about it.
I took a tour of the River Rouge factory, which I know is the F150, but they told use it's about 23 hours per truck and they role a truck off the line about every 30 seconds.

I asked about the superduties and they said it was about the same. Although I wasn't on tour at the kentucky plant so take it with a grain of salt.

eta: if you are even near detroit I highly recommend the tour. It's an eye opening process if you've never seen it.

I took a tour of the River Rouge factory, which I know is the F150, but they told use it's about 23 hours per truck and they role a truck off the line about every 30 seconds.

I asked about the superduties and they said it was about the same. Although I wasn't on tour at the kentucky plant so take it with a grain of salt.

eta: if you are even near detroit I highly recommend the tour. It's an eye opening process if you've never seen it.

Thanks! Hopefully one day I can check out a tour.

Personally I don't see it making all the way to the dealer up here in Edmonton which is 2000miles from the factory in less than a month. Especially considering its been in production since June 4 and still is. At least the train depot is like 30 minutes from my dealer.
I am in the same boat, built June 6th and now showing its on Chip Hold. Still have a expected delivery date to Edmonton of July 15. Just wait and see I guess.

I am in the same boat, built June 6th and now showing its on Chip Hold. Still have a expected delivery date to Edmonton of July 15. Just wait and see I guess.
Yours actually shows built? Mine still only shows in production June 4. I'm waiting til Monday to see what the vvr says.

Yours actually shows built? Mine still only shows in production June 4. I'm waiting til Monday to see what the vvr says.
No but you cant really trust the tracker to be 100 %, I have heard of peoples orders shiwing up on dealers lots and still saying "in production" mine had to go across the street for box liner & tonneau cover & its on Chip Hold so I'm sure it wont officially say "built" until all that is done but I am pretty certain it is built already. I am guessing yours is built already as well.

No but you cant really trust the tracker to be 100 %, I have heard of peoples orders shiwing up on dealers lots and still saying "in production" mine had to go across the street for box liner & tonneau cover & its on Chip Hold so I'm sure it wont officially say "built" until all that is done but I am pretty certain it is built already. I am guessing yours is built already as well.
Hi any new on your truck, the canadian website for tracking for only 1 or 2 days a week...

My in laws live in Edmonton. I’ll actually be up there around the time your truck is scheduled for delivery.

Latest Discussions

Back