modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
Ford Motor reported Thursday that its U.S. vehicle sales in the second quarter were down 33.3%, in-line with industry expectations as the coronavirus caused consumers to stay at home, and dealerships and factories to shutter. Ford’s decline was less than its crosstown rivals. Year over year, General Motors reported a 34% decline in sales in the second quarter, while Fiat Chrysler said vehicles sold fell 38.6%.

Source: CNBC

Last edited:
Ford Motor reported Thursday that its U.S. vehicle sales in the second quarter were down 33.3%, in-line with industry expectations as the coronavirus caused consumers to stay at home, and dealerships and factories to shutter. Ford’s decline was less than its crosstown rivals. Year over year, General Motors reported a 34% decline in sales in the second quarter, while Fiat Chrysler said vehicles sold fell 38.6%.

All dealers I spoke with said they were selling more cars than ever. Some also said the had the best prices which was indeed a lie....

All dealers I spoke with said they were selling more cars than ever. Some also said the had the best prices which was indeed a lie....

That's what I've been hearing from most of the dealers I talk to. I think it looks worse because that figure includes fleet sales, which have dropped off quite a bit.

That's what I've been hearing from most of the dealers I talk to. I think it looks worse because that figure includes fleet sales, which have dropped off quite a bit.
Of course because businesses have shut down. Which is why I was shocked not to see rebates on the SD work trucks.

Of course because businesses have shut down. Which is why I was shocked not to see rebates on the SD work trucks.

The only thing I can think of is it's due to the lack of inventory. It's nearly impossible to find a Tremor with the sport package. The dealers that do have them in stock want top dollar.

I just read an article on TFLtruck that stated "GMC Sierra HD’s sales actually increased over the past three months — one of the few models to actually gain momentum during the ongoing pandemic."

I'm sure that was because of more aggressive pricing and incentives.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is it's due to the lack of inventory. It's nearly impossible to find a Tremor with the sport package. The dealers that do have them in stock want top dollar.
Tremor Sport Package??? Check out Prince Frederick Ford. While there is a “stock photo” of a white F350 SSRWLariat. Check out the sticker.... it’s the truck I ordered in Feb. last of the VIN 54716.

I just read an article on TFLtruck that stated "GMC Sierra HD’s sales actually increased over the past three months — one of the few models to actually gain momentum during the ongoing pandemic."

I'm sure that was because of more aggressive pricing and incentives.

Ford Fairfield Sold their Red Tremor Sport at $68k with a $73k msrp.

My understanding is that Ford records sales when a vehicle leaves the assembly line. That of course if different than retail/fleet sales. Might explain the discrepancy.

Back