modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
It seems we have a few former and current Raptor Owners on the forum. For those that ditched the Raptor for the Tremor, how are you liking the new truck? Any regrets?

I have a 2014 Raptor and got the Tremor to go with it. I love the Raptor so much I just couldn't trade it in (I never will) The two trucks are very different. The best way I could put it is the raptor drives like a sports car and the Tremor feels like a big old work truck. I probably won't take the tremor offroad too much since I have the raptor for that. Overall I am happy with the Tremor, the ride is noticeably harsher and is a bitch to maneuver in tight areas. All the new tech has definitely spoiled me, makes the Raptor feel old now. I can't wait to start upgrading the truck and seeing how it performs.
20191224_154232.jpg

Plan to own both! I am keeping my 2012 Raptor. Thats why I ordered the diesel. Hopefully won't have any regrets except maybe when the insurance premiums are due.

I have a 2014 Raptor and got the Tremor to go with it. I love the Raptor so much I just couldn't trade it in (I never will) The two trucks are very different. The best way I could put it is the raptor drives like a sports car and the Tremor feels like a big old work truck. I probably won't take the tremor offroad too much since I have the raptor for that. Overall I am happy with the Tremor, the ride is noticeably harsher and is a bitch to maneuver in tight areas. All the new tech has definitely spoiled me, makes the Raptor feel old now. I can't wait to start upgrading the truck and seeing how it performs.View attachment 338
I have the same color on both trucks!

I switched from a 2018 raptor to the tremor. The raptor was actually my first truck (lots of SUV's and cars before that). I got the 6.7 diesel in platinum. The platinum seats are very comfortable, and I enjoy the ride of the truck overall.

There are some things I'll miss on the raptor, but overall I think the tremor is a great truck.

You guys are lucky to have both!

You guys are lucky to have both!
Kept my Raptor since new in 2012 probably won't ever sell it. I hope the Tremor is as good. Seemed like eternity waiting for the Raptor when I ordered it in 2012. 27,000 miles on it. My dealer wants me to trade it in. Not going to happen. I put a Borla Exhaust on it, plan to do the same with the Tremor.

I had a 2018 Raptor but unfortunately it ended up being a lemon. Ford bought it back and I decided to go with a diesel with off-road package. To my luck the Tremor was released right when I was going through the buyback process and so far I have no complaints. The truck rides great and it’s been receiving a lot of compliments. Haven’t seen another Tremor in my city yet which also makes this ownership feel better.

I’m starting to see what seems like a lot of raptor guys having problems with the gen 2 trucks. I haven’t had one issue with mine but I just went out of the 3/36 warranty so getting a little worried.

I’m starting to see what seems like a lot of raptor guys having problems with the gen 2 trucks. I haven’t had one issue with mine but I just went out of the 3/36 warranty so getting a little worried.
I’m on the fence. I had a 2012 Raptor that had 190k miles with no problems, wish I had kept it. Bought a 2018, had IWE, Transmission, Exhaust and Cam Phaser issues. I am thinking about a 7.3l Lariat Sport Tremor but am waiting to see if there are any changes for the 2021 Raptor before pulling the trigger.

Will probably go with the Tremor, add the Carli 4.5 pintop suspension kit with bags and 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers, a truck camper and trailer a CanAm Maverick X3.

I will wait for the GEN3 Raptor with hopes that Ford goes back to their Baja roots. The GEN2 just can’t handle the offroading that the first iteration could.

I’m on the fence. I had a 2012 Raptor that had 190k miles with no problems, wish I had kept it. Bought a 2018, had IWE, Transmission, Exhaust and Cam Phaser issues. I am thinking about a 7.3l Lariat Sport Tremor but am waiting to see if there are any changes for the 2021 Raptor before pulling the trigger.

Will probably go with the Tremor, add the Carli 4.5 pintop suspension kit with bags and 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers, a truck camper and trailer a CanAm Maverick X3.

I will wait for the GEN3 Raptor with hopes that Ford goes back to their Baja roots. The GEN2 just can’t handle the offroading that the first iteration could.
tThanks for the reassurance in my decision to keep my 2012 Raptor , It has been bullet proof and still a beast. Hopefully my new addition ( 6.7 Tremor ) will give me as much satisfaction and some trailer pulls.
The Raptor is really aweful with trailers. Maybe the Gen 3 will have the 7.3. I never did like the eco-poop engines. My construction business had several and they are over rated. We did better with the V8s.

0156D4B1-E542-4504-84DE-632595EC2C29.jpeg

Attachments

• 61043EFA-6AFA-49FD-9685-7FEA3A602667.jpeg
    61043EFA-6AFA-49FD-9685-7FEA3A602667.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 57
Raptor was great. 6.2L engine has limitations on power curve, I stroked it, even had an intake manifold made to get top range power. Had an F1 Procharger on it, and truthfully that was the best set up, though the stoker sounded mean as hell. F1 got 2 MPG better mileage and got the truck to around 600HP. Don’t think that tranny could take more. I sold that that truck at 103k miles. Engine loved spark plugs, and like a hemi, if has two per cylinder. Was a very solid truck. The infotainment system glitched once and the right offer, and I sold it. This F250 w the Diesel is pretty comprable in terms of acceleration, but do not think it will hit the same speeds as the 12 Raptor without some computer tuning. Ride on Raptor floats more over bumps, but longer wheelbase is F250 and lift eats a lot of bumps if you tweak the psi in rear or load it. I came really close to buying the 7.3 so as to build it up, but decided on the smoker as it is pretty maxed, and I could concentrate on the new Vette I ordered. Truthfully, these rigs are so heavy that, growling cruisers is best you can hope for in speed.

My buddy just bought a 2019 platinum f150 and had the dealership put in a rousche SC and a borla catback In the Coyote. That is an elegant setup. Since he bought a 2019 he got the whole thing w zero % finance, but after install paid 5 k more than my Tremor. Very close in accel, though sitting in our Tremors kind of ruins the f150 experience, just feels wee little.

tThanks for the reassurance in my decision to keep my 2012 Raptor , It has been bullet proof and still a beast. Hopefully my new addition ( 6.7 Tremor ) will give me as much satisfaction and some trailer pulls.
The Raptor is really aweful with trailers. Maybe the Gen 3 will have the 7.3. I never did like the eco-poop engines. My construction business had several and they are over rated. We did better with the V8s.
Never Never Never sell it.
Three vehicles I wish I still had:
71 Maverick Grabber
88 CRX si
12 Raptor
I did get $23k on the Raptor with 190k miles but outside of the brakes it was all OEM. I have even considered a low mileage GEN1 but they’re going for over $40k for anything under 50k miles.
Rumor mill has the 2021 Raptor with the 5.2L Supercharged V8 engine on the Shelby GT500.

Never Never Never sell it.
Three vehicles I wish I still had:
71 Maverick Grabber
88 CRX si
12 Raptor
I did get $23k on the Raptor with 190k miles but outside of the brakes it was all OEM. I have even considered a low mileage GEN1 but they’re going for over $40k for anything under 50k miles.
Rumor mill has the 2021 Raptor with the 5.2L Supercharged V8 engine on the Shelby GT500.
new one sounds nice!!!!!! The dealership always keeps asking me to trade it in. I still would like to see a warmed up 7.3 in it.

I switched from a 2018 raptor to the tremor. The raptor was actually my first truck (lots of SUV's and cars before that). I got the 6.7 diesel in platinum. The platinum seats are very comfortable, and I enjoy the ride of the truck overall.

There are some things I'll miss on the raptor, but overall I think the tremor is a great truck.

Same here, I only have had my Tremor for less than 24 hours, but the ride isnt nearly as bad as I anticipated after my Raptor. So far, I like it.

Same here, I only have had my Tremor for less than 24 hours, but the ride isnt nearly as bad as I anticipated after my Raptor. So far, I like it.

That's good to hear! Welcome to the forum!

Traded my 2019 Raptor for a 350 7.3 Tremor. The Raptor was amazing but I never loved that truck. It was too.....soft. Didn’t feel like enough of a truck is the best way to describe it. Everyone thinks I’m crazy but I picked my truck up 1/1/20 and couldn’t be happier.
20200229_204433254_iOS.jpg

87CB5DE3-1A96-455C-9DC6-509AA93C10DE.jpeg

Traded my 2019 Raptor for a 350 7.3 Tremor. The Raptor was amazing but I never loved that truck. It was too.....soft. Didn’t feel like enough of a truck is the best way to describe it. Everyone thinks I’m crazy but I picked my truck up 1/1/20 and couldn’t be happier.View attachment 705
View attachment 704
both very nice, somebody will be happy with that Raptor.

Back