Ford Raptor to Ford Tremor - Owner's Thread

Add me to the list. Currently have a 2018 Raptor that I ordered new. It has 37k miles on it and has spent 2.5 months in the shop in since buying it new. Laundry list of engine and electrical problems. Before that I had a 2012 Raptor for 5 years and it was rock solid.

I ordered a 2020 F250 Lariat with the 7.3L engine, 4.30 gears and the Ultimate, Sport and Tremor packages in Blue Jeans color. Roughly 8 more weeks until it arrives.

I, like most Raptor owners, never did high speed desert runs. The majority of my offroad time was local trails and some trails in Colorado. I'd rather have the 7.3L than the 3.5L any day.

**EDIT** Just found out I got my VIN and production started yesterday. ETA is 3/28.

Attachments

• VIN production.JPG
    VIN production.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I had a '17 Raptor that I traded for my new Tremor. I loved the Raptor, in fact I told people it was the most practical vehicle I'd ever owned. It was super comfy but couldn't tow and had a small box for all my toys. Raptor and Tremor both awesome, just different purposes. The new Tremor is not as comfortable to ride around in, but not far off. Love the new truck.

Add me to the list. Currently have a 2018 Raptor that I ordered new. It has 37k miles on it and has spent 2.5 months in the shop in since buying it new. Laundry list of engine and electrical problems. Before that I had a 2012 Raptor for 5 years and it was rock solid.

I ordered a 2020 F250 Lariat with the 7.3L engine, 4.30 gears and the Ultimate, Sport and Tremor packages in Blue Jeans color. Roughly 8 more weeks until it arrives.

I, like most Raptor owners, never did high speed desert runs. The majority of my offroad time was local trails and some trails in Colorado. I'd rather have the 7.3L than the 3.5L any day.

**EDIT** Just found out I got my VIN and production started yesterday. ETA is 3/28.

Welcome to the forum @driftwoodsvt - I'm starting to learn about more people having issues with the Raptor. I'm pretty lucky so far. I have a 17 Raptor and haven't any major issues (knock on wood). I'm just north of Austin. What local trails have you done with the Raptor?

I had a '17 Raptor that I traded for my new Tremor. I loved the Raptor, in fact I told people it was the most practical vehicle I'd ever owned. It was super comfy but couldn't tow and had a small box for all my toys. Raptor and Tremor both awesome, just different purposes. The new Tremor is not as comfortable to ride around in, but not far off. Love the new truck.

It's funny you mention that because I traded a 2015 Porsche 911 for my Raptor and never looked back. I always tell people it's been the best, funnest, coolest, all around vehicle I've ever had. That's what makes me so nervous getting rid of it. The problem is it just can't tow our 27ft Airstream!

Reactions: CK1
I have a 2010 6.2 Raptor i ordered a decade ago. Put a stage 4 suspension upgrade w/ fully adjustable 3.0 fox shocks and changeable fox hydraulic overload bumpstops . My baby tows anything i can fit in my trailers... ie: 8 -800 lbs calves in my horse trailer. 33’ Coyote Rock Climber RV with 4 wheelers,generator,and fire wood on the deck.
I am definitely keeping my Raptor..and will begin a life of SAFE and LEGAL towing with my new f350 soon.
sorry bout yalls little 6 cylinder ecoboost.

Welcome to the forum @driftwoodsvt - I'm starting to learn about more people having issues with the Raptor. I'm pretty lucky so far. I have a 17 Raptor and haven't any major issues (knock on wood). I'm just north of Austin. What local trails have you done with the Raptor?

Hidden Falls adventure park for local trails, and some time on my buddies 160 acre ranch.

Yeah, cause another 40hp and 75lbs of torque definitely sucks..... :p

My 2012 Raptor with the 6.2 was far more reliable than my 2018 with the 3.5 Ecoturd. I've never had a vehicle in the shop more than this 2018 Raptor. Ever.

That always sucks. My 19' was perfect but I'm sure you can find '19 owners that had a bad experience and 18' owners that had a perfect experience. It's always a crap shoot unfortunately.

I have 2 buddies that have Raptors. They went to the Raptor Takeover Event this past weekend. Here are a few pics from them jumping. They both had zero damage. I wish I had the luxury of owning both my Tremor and a Raptor.

Attachments

• 67BD9CC1-9B43-4067-95D9-B8903005B2F0.jpeg
    67BD9CC1-9B43-4067-95D9-B8903005B2F0.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 98
  • FC7893B8-E227-45A6-857F-4926EF2E6ED8.jpeg
    FC7893B8-E227-45A6-857F-4926EF2E6ED8.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 98
Still in the honeymoon period.... but, YES! I did multiple Raptor runs from Baja to the Upper peninsula, MI. Loved the Raptor, but it's time to move on... We bought an old farm and I'll be towing more. Felt that the Tremor would be the best cross-over to the Super Duty.

Back