Ford Ranger Tremor reportedly on the way!

modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
2019-Ford-Ranger-Lariat-FX4-Super-Crew-Exterior-010-front-end-with-Ford-Logo.jpg

Ford Authority has reported several new details about an upcoming Ford Ranger Tremor.

The Ford Ranger Tremor will take the Tremor formula established by the F-Series Super Duty Tremor, and apply it to the midsize pickup truck. Upgrades will consist of various features similar to the Super Duty Tremor that will make the Ranger more capable on rough terrain. Sources familiar with the product tell Ford Authority that the Ranger Tremor will feature a unique set of wheels wrapped in a set of BF Goodrich All-Terrain rubber, unique air dam treatment that will enable higher approach angles, a set of unique tubular, and high-clearance running boards.

Continue Reading @ FordAuthority

Why no Raptor version? Unless this is the international raptor ranger just labeled differently to keep the F150 Raptor unique here in tha states.

That to me is disappointing, but Ford is out to make $$$ so if "Tremor" does it for them then what do they care?

I'm shocked they're not calling one the GT 50th anniversary edition.

There has been talk of a Ranger Raptor for a long time. Can't imagine that they would do both... maybe... what ever moves another unit...

The old Ranger had an FX4 Level II package (what @richtor posted while I was typing this). It could have kept that designation as a heritage thing, and left the Super Duty to stand alone with Tremor.

But I don't think it dilutes the name to use Tremor across their truck line. FX4 is used across multiple products. Tremor is a step up/further in capability. Making it well known should help the Tremor name, and I support it.

Now, give it another step, some body mods, and add some powertrain enhancements not otherwise available, and you've got a Raptor worthy version. I'd support that too! A Super Duty Raptor with a blown Godzilla motor. Yeah. Give me some of that from the factory, with a warranty.

The current truck is a stop gap until the redesign in a couple years. They brought over the world truck just to get into the midsize segment again. Ford execs talked about this in the past.

Super Duty package on a Ranger? Seems silly...

Ford Ranger looks like crap. Ford used the world ranger design and it sucks. If they had designed it like a smaller 150/250 would be sweet or the new Bronco truck.
I still love the 02-07 FX4 Level II.
View attachment 3804View attachment 3805View attachment 3806O
I have a 2017 Ranger with the 3.2 turbo diesel. It’s now done 2 trips to the outback and done very well. Cruises nicely, handles the 1,300kg (2,860 pound) payload well. Looks are subjective but I think it’s ok.

Attachments

• C6408BD7-A581-4A24-BED8-BC742992258E.jpeg
    C6408BD7-A581-4A24-BED8-BC742992258E.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 99
I have a 2017 Ranger with the 3.2 turbo diesel. It’s now done 2 trips to the outback and done very well. Cruises nicely, handles the 1,300kg (2,860 pound) payload well. Looks are subjective but I think it’s ok.
I’m glad you like it:)

the biggest thing is the ranger here has a 2.3 4 cyl .... a diesel would be nice ....

Hopefully just a rumor. Don't need some little brother Ranger running around trying to be a Tremor.

the biggest thing is the ranger here has a 2.3 4 cyl .... a diesel would be nice ....
Unless it is a high performance V8 or V6 turbo people here only want diesel. So the Ranger here is diesel only. The Ranger Raptor is reasonably popular here but no good to me because it’s payload and towing capacity are much less than the regular Rangers. They look pretty good and get rave reviews although some say the engine is the weakest link.

Unless it is a high performance V8 or V6 turbo people here only want diesel. So the Ranger here is diesel only. The Ranger Raptor is reasonably popular here but no good to me because it’s payload and towing capacity are much less than the regular Rangers. They look pretty good and get rave reviews although some say the engine is the weakest link.
i agree with that it should have a v6

Ok now I am salty .... The Ranger tremor is getting Tremor in the seat
For the Ranger it will cost $4300 as well but doesn't say what it will have but the pictures show enough.... Even fox shocks ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200914-081416_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200914-081416_Chrome.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 36
Ok now I am salty .... The Ranger tremor is getting Tremor in the seat
For the Ranger it will cost $4300 as well but doesn't say what it will have but the pictures show enough.... Even fox shocks ...
I am super salty. Looks like I will be upgrading my truck even more

Back