Ford Ranger Tremor reportedly on the way!

all it lists is the new GVM, not the payload. Keep in mind that i have the Australian spec Ranger. Judging by your doubt maybe there is a difference between the US and Australian specs. I assumed they were the same.

I havent ever seen an F-150 with a payload higher than 2500 pounds!!

Let Alone a Ranger!!

Even an 301A XLT F-150 WITH the Heavy Duty Payload Package isnt topping 2500 Pounds.

So unless the cap plate says the payload of that number it DOES NOT HAVE THAT AMOUNT OF PAYLOAD.

At least not here in North America.

all it lists is the new GVM, not the payload. Keep in mind that i have the Australian spec Ranger. Judging by your doubt maybe there is a difference between the US and Australian specs. I assumed they were the same.
Payload should be listed somewhere on the truck. Take a pic and post it.

Can we see the Cap Plate Please?
Here you go. One photo is taken from another thread on this forum. It was an F250 Tremor.

the other photos are from my Ranger. Everything is in kilograms. Tare weight of the Ranger is 2,200kg, so with a GVM of 3,500kg you have a payload of 1,300kg, which is within a wheel and tyre of the F250.

B4F59A55-9D15-4361-9512-94F92A2BE6CA.jpg

5CA7F7E3-0B05-4A92-A993-C89AA673BEC7.jpeg

98F59EF4-B090-42EF-8256-2A7D2C1AF85F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason the photo of the Tremor sticker was duplicated on my last post

I still dont see where the lists the payload of 2900.

From what I understand you can modify the crap out of a truck and make it so strong it could carry the world, but the payload sticker will always be the same.

If im incorrect maybe ive just not heard of it.

Sounds like someone adding airbags and claiming it improved their payload.

Maybe Ford in North America deliberately reduces the payload of the Ranger and maybe the F150 as well because of the existence of the F250 and F350. As we don’t have the F Series here, they aren’t taking sales off a more profitable vehicle.

I still dont see where the lists the payload of 2900.

From what I understand you can modify the crap out of a truck and make it so strong it could carry the world, but the payload sticker will always be the same.

If im incorrect maybe ive just not heard of it.

Sounds like someone adding airbags and claiming it improved their payload.
It doesn’t list the payload, you just have to do the maths, subtracting the tare mass from the increased GVM. You cannot increase the GVM without a government approved independent certification approval which is then noted on the registration paperwork.

Back