Ford Protect Warranty

Gas Guzzler

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Tremor Lariat 7.3
I didn’t purchase the warranty when I received my truck as I planned to buy it down the road closer to the expiration of 3 years/36000. My question to the group- has anyone gone this angle and bought ford protect later and if so was it around the same price for coverages? My email keeps getting blown up to buy one but figured I would wait since I’m fully covered for the next 3 years. Thanks

I didn’t purchase the warranty when I received my truck as I planned to buy it down the road closer to the expiration of 3 years/36000. My question to the group- has anyone gone this angle and bought ford protect later and if so was it around the same price for coverages? My email keeps getting blown up to buy one but figured I would wait since I’m fully covered for the next 3 years. Thanks

I think they end up increasing the price a couple hundred dollars for every year / 12k miles. This is on top of the base price, which can also increase.

You can play with pricing for different mileage and age here: https://www.floodfordesp.com

Flood Ford's ESP price is tough to beat. When you're ready, I'd just buy from them and be done with it. If you've got a good rapport with your local dealership, maybe give them the chance to match Flood Ford.

My question to the group- has anyone gone this angle and bought ford protect later

Flood Ford's ESP price is tough to beat
We bought one at ~35k for my son's Escape. I think the increase was $100. Agree with Flood, that is who we used. Zeigler has good prices too, and that is where we purchased the vehicle, coincidentally as a lease turn in, but they couldn't beat Flood.

My dealer met the online price Plus has an adder for them that if the service work for the claim is done by them the deductible is waived (200.00) in my case. I did this early because of the ability to get a rent car through the Ford ESP even on a basic 36-36 claim. Service loaner vehicles are in very short supply.....

I also have the upgraded rental and the light addendum added.

I'll be purchasing up front for a couple of reasons:

1. Regardless of when I purchase, the date will ALWAYS start on the day the truck was sold to me brand new. It always begins on the "In-Service" date if you want the most coverage.

2. LED lights are typically not covered under MFGs factory warranty. (Someone please chime in if I'm not stating fact here.) The Ford ESP has an option to get all leds and bulbs covered for an additional $80. That will be $10/year for me.

3. In three years, I'll most likely forget to purchase the coverage until it's too late and a failure reminded me that I no longer had a warranty.

Just my 2¢

My dealer met the online price Plus has an adder for them that if the service work for the claim is done by them the deductible is waived (200.00)
That is great! A win all-around...

I think they end up increasing the price a couple hundred dollars for every year / 12k miles. This is on top of the base price, which can also increase.

You can play with pricing for different mileage and age here: https://www.floodfordesp.com

Flood Ford's ESP price is tough to beat. When you're ready, I'd just buy from them and be done with it. If you've got a good rapport with your local dealership, maybe give them the chance to match Flood Ford.
Thanks for sharing the flood ford site. I just went on and played around with the mileage/year scenarios. Pricing is reasonable.

Thanks for sharing the flood ford site. I just went on and played around with the mileage/year scenarios. Pricing is reasonable.
I'd be really surprised if you can beat it.

My truck came with a million mile power train warranty and I bought the 150k bumper to bumper warranty on top of the 36k factory.

I bought the max warranty with zero deductible through flood ford. It was around $5500. Do it after the your purchase and after you sign up for the ford pass app and you get more points.

Nope not kidding haha.
the guys there are great, if anybody wants to buy there let me know and I’ll send you to the right person. To me that’s more important than the below invoice price people get at other dealerships. It’s fun to mess with the extended warranty that’s always hassling you too, I let them go through their whole spill, I ask lots of questions like I’m interested, then last question. Does their warranty extends my current. Then they ask when does mine end o tell them and they tell me I’m full of crap and I tell them to go to the website. Then they say I never I had any intention of buying, I say nope but I just wanted to waste your time like you all do mine. I get hung up on!

i’ve not heard of this before. Why would a 3 year bumber to bumper warranty not cover the LEDs in particular?
It has been that way for years with the LED lights. Lights are covered in the 36x36 bumper to bumper BUT not in the ESP plans unless you get the addendum. These LED light assemblies are expensive.

1642516420819.png

1642516813761.png

Edit: That bulb coverage pricing is for the $200 deductible 8yr/100k plan. It is $150 for the $0 8yr/150k

Last edited:
My truck came with a million mile power train warranty and I bought the 150k bumper to bumper warranty on top of the 36k factory.
My truck has a lifetime power train warranty from the dealership. Course I do have to let them inspect it at certain mileage intervals but as long as I own it, it's covered. Miles have no bearing.

It has been that way for years with the LED lights. Lights are covered in the 36x36 bumper to bumper BUT not in the ESP plans unless you get the addendum. These LED light assemblies are expensive.
Ok, so they ARE covered under manufacturers warranty? I was thinking that as well. If I understood Forever&Woods correctly, he was under the impression that they are not.

Last edited:
I don't see them listed on the exclusion list for the 3/36 warranty so I would assume they are covered. The phrase "Some Examples" leaves it open, however. I checked the actual warranty guide from my truck (via FordPass) and it has the same wording:

1642518336879.png

I don't see them listed on the exclusion list for the 3/36 warranty so I would assume they are covered. The phrase "Some Examples" leaves it open, however. I checked the actual warranty guide from my truck (via FordPass) and it has the same wording:

View attachment 44297
Thanks for checking and confirming. I would 100% add the LEDs option under the ESP, makes total sense. but i thought it would be rather odd if Ford excluded leds in particular from their standard warranty.

Back