Ford Pass App

coachhomer

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor
Just curious what everyone uses the app for. I have had it for about two months now and don't really see it useful other than checking the mileage or tire pressure on the truck which is something I can do when I get in it. What is everyone else using it for?

Thanks!

C

Remote start mostly. My truck didnt come with it on the fob. Also can start from inside restaurant etc and get confirmation it is running. Remote unlock might be nice on occasion but haven't used it yet.

Remote start mostly. My truck didnt come with it on the fob. Also can start from inside restaurant etc and get confirmation it is running. Remote unlock might be nice on occasion but haven't used it yet.
Remote Start at work.... by the time i get remote it.... well it is pointless so starting with my phone is great... not coming out to a oven.... but honestly it the only thing i care about from the App

You can schedule starts. For example, if you leave for work at 6. you can schedule to start it before then. Also good when you lose it in the parking lot at big events.

And you earn points for the first 3 maintenance visits for free.

Mostly remote start for me as well.

You could lock and unlock
so if you forgot to lock it or need it unlocked for some reason.
My app seems to "crash" a lot

Like everyone else, mainly remote start. Last week I forgot if I locked it so I used the lock feature. I wish the app would tell or show you if the doors were locked or not. Save the trouble of locking them if they were already locked...

Like everyone else, mainly remote start. Last week I forgot if I locked it so I used the lock feature. I wish the app would tell or show you if the doors were locked or not. Save the trouble of locking them if they were already locked...

My app does say if it successfully locks or unlocks. I actually have found the remote lock very useful lately as my wife normally takes about 5mins to get out of the truck and I am standing there waiting to lock the truck with the fob, now I just go in and let her take her sweet time, when we meet up I lock it with the app :)

Yup. Remote start. Scheduled starts in the winter. I also use it access my ford credit account

My app does say if it successfully locks or unlocks. I actually have found the remote lock very useful lately as my wife normally takes about 5mins to get out of the truck and I am standing there waiting to lock the truck with the fob, now I just go in and let her take her sweet time, when we meet up I lock it with the app :)

Sounds like my life so I’m sold and haven’t taken delivery yet!

Sorry, I meant I wish when you first open the app that it would tell you if the doors were locked or not. If I lock or unlock the truck via the app, it tells me if it locked or unlocked them successfully but it would be nice to know if it is locked or unlocked just by looking at the app.

I use it for remote start, remote lock, to track Ford points, and to track my maintenance. I really like the app.

Seems like if your truck is stolen, you can track it (at least that seems to be how it's working with mine).

App location of vehicle still works even after the 3-month trial data service plan ended. I thought maybe the App location service would stop working, but I've noticed everywhere I go, the app updates the location of the truck. And the truck is not linking to my phone via bluetooth, so the data exchange isn't occurring that way. It would be interesting if someone's truck was stolen if it could be located just like LoJack.

@AFTRSHK you are correct. its 100% free to use all features of the app.

Remote start (garaged at home, so just when at the ranch), remote lock to make sure it is locked when the OCD sets in. Locate / tracking.

I didn't know I could track maintenance on it. Just started doing that after reading this thread. I think that will be handy.

Ed

Apparently it will alert you if the alarm goes off, thats a nice feature, never tried it though.

@thevol funny story. I was sleeping it was like 1am. and an alarm started going off. I was oh it sucks for them. Then my phone went off saying alarm triggered. flew downstairs witht the pistol and shut my alarm off. LOL. It was a faulty hood latch on my F150.

I have it on my 19 Expedition Max Platinum and love it. Many times it's come in handy! At the top of the Ski hill you can start it and let it warm up as you make your way out. All warmed up when you get there.

Back