Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7
Current Ride #2
2023 F350 7.3
First Responder
Retired LEO
We are going to be using our Tremor to tow our gooseneck toy hauler, so I added the OEM sway bar to help stabilize the heavy load. I have also added Airlift airbags as well. I decided to go with the OEM bar because IMO it is enough for heavy 5th wheels. Probably would have went with the Hellwig bar if we had a truck camper. I have added this bar to several F250’s in the past and it works well to flatten out the corners and stabilize heavy loads. The OEM bar is about $280 at the local Ford dealer. See the attached picture for part numbers……

609D3A26-9848-4E8E-B4E5-098C84CFD96D.png
D0C24E04-B084-41BA-A6EB-8676E7A591CC.jpeg

I can get all the parts at my local dealer for under $500 and this will work for my 2022 F250 7.3 with no issues? the Hellwig one will probably cost too much as I live in Northern Canada.

I can get all the parts at my local dealer for under $500 and this will work for my 2022 F250 7.3 with no issues? the Hellwig one will probably cost too much as I live in Northern Canada.
Yes it will work. It bolted up to my 21 with no issues at all.

Did you already order? Same Parts (I believe) before tax/shipping. Worth a look? AutoNation Ford, White Bear Lake, MN

Attachments

• Shopping Cart | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake.pdf
    282 KB · Views: 379
You may be surprised, I ordered my Helwig from Amazon and it was only a bit more than the Ford parts... and some of them were out of stock.

edit: I guess I should have specified I'm in Canada as well.

You may be surprised, I ordered my Helwig from Amazon and it was only a bit more than the Ford parts... and some of them were out of stock.

edit: I guess I should have specified I'm in Canada as well.
Will look into it.... Airdrie eh... I was there last month.

I did the same, OEM bar, and I am hauling a truck camper. I had done an aftermarket bar on my old truck, Hellwig I think, and it was too stiff unloaded, and was not totally square with the truck when installed. I even took off the aftermarket blocks for the overloads, found that the truck rides best with stock suspension setup. Almost like Ford designed it that way.

I have one with the factory and one with the Hellwig. With the proper setting on the Hellwig you have an option to stiffen it up if needed.
Both help out, but the Hellwig does hang down a bit lower. I run the yellow Sumo bags in addition to the sway bars.

Is it really need it though if rarely towing a small camper?
If rear sway bars were really needed I have to think they would be on every truck Ford produced. Unless I was using an in bed camper or extra weight in the bed with a high center of gravity, I wouldn't use a rear sway bar.

I did the same, OEM bar, and I am hauling a truck camper. I had done an aftermarket bar on my old truck, Hellwig I think, and it was too stiff unloaded, and was not totally square with the truck when installed. I even took off the aftermarket blocks for the overloads, found that the truck rides best with stock suspension setup. Almost like Ford designed it that way.
How heavy is your camper? Are you satisfied with the loaded ride with OEM bar? I'll be carrying a 3,000lb (fully loaded, wet weight) camper and am torn between Hellwig and OEM.

How heavy is your camper? Are you satisfied with the loaded ride with OEM bar? I'll be carrying a 3,000lb (fully loaded, wet weight) camper and am torn between Hellwig and OEM.
My Lance 850 is about 3750 ready to go, full tanks, which is just over what Ford rates these trucks for slide in campers. I am satisfied with the loaded ride. I wanted this truck set up a little softer than my old truck overall, and I think it is about perfect. When you first start out with the camper you feel the side to side sway quite a bit. After a day of driving you start to forget it is there. Jcamper

Last edited:
My Lance 850 is about 3750 ready to go, full tanks, which is just over what Ford rates these trucks for slide in campers. I am satisfied with the loaded ride. I wanted this truck set up a little softer than my old truck overall, and I think it is about perfect. When you first start out with the camper you feel the side to side sway quite a bit. After a day of driving you start to forget it is there. Jcamper
That's very helpful. Thanks Jcamper. Also, just to check, have you spent much time driving your Lance + OEM sway bar on winding mountain roads? That's my biggest concern, tight mountain cornering at speed and high winds.

That's very helpful. Thanks Jcamper. Also, just to check, have you spent much time driving your Lance + OEM sway bar on winding mountain roads? That's my biggest concern, tight mountain cornering at speed and high winds.
Zero issues in either. You could put anyone behind the wheel of my truck. Really the place you notice sway the most is in/out of driveways, steep slow speed pitches. Once driving it is totally fine. Just a big air sail, but never anything sudden or surprising. You and semis both push each other a bit when passing at highway speeds. I am more trying not to spill any dishes by going too fast on mountain roads than thinking about sway. I think the Tremor shocks handle some of the higher forces of slide in campers very well. My old truck I had adjustable Rancho 9000s, but I feel no need on this one.
Jcamper

Back