Ford Maverick!

Regular Cab Duallies

"RCD"
Founding Member
🥇 PostMaster 📬
Reaction Points
The Ford Maverick is coming soon! Do you think they will offer it with the Tremor package? I think it would be a smart move for them and hope they do!

"The newest addition to Ford’s lineup. With the compact maneuverability of an SUV and the capability of a truck, it’s built for the urban jungle, weekend escapes and you." (Ford)
1622769416306.png

"Ford's adding to its pickup truck portfolio with the upcoming 2022 Maverick. Positioned below the midsize Ranger in the Blue Oval's truck hierarchy, the Maverick is due to ride on the unibody bones that underpin the Escape and Bronco Sport SUVs. While the Maverick will serve as Ford's smallest pickup option, it'll still likely sit on a wheelbase that overshadows the 106.7-inch and 105.1-inch wheelbases of the Escape and Bronco Sport, respectively. Similarly, the Maverick's overall length ought to outstretch its compact SUV stablemates while still falling short of the 210.8-inch long Ranger." (MOTOR TREND)

"Ford Motor will expand its highly profitable truck lineup with a new small pickup called Maverick, the company confirmed Thursday. The compact vehicle is expected to be smaller than Ford’s F-150 full-size pickup as well as its midsize Ranger. It could be among the smallest and cheapest pickups in the U.S., filling a void for some buyers as trucks have grown increasingly larger and pricier. “We do think there’s some opportunity there because of how expensive trucks have gotten, how big they’ve gotten and the overall popularity of trucks,” said Michelle Krebs, executive analyst at Cox Automotive. The pickup is being produced at Ford’s Hermosillo plant in Mexico alongside the company’s new Ford Bronco Sport SUV. The Maverick is expected to go on sale by the end of this year, however a Ford spokeswoman declined to comment on additional details of the vehicle other than its name and unveiling next week.Analysts have said the Maverick will need to be priced well below the Ford Ranger and other midsize pickups to be competitive in the U.S. market. A two-door version of the Ranger starts at about $25,000. A four-door model starts at about $27,000, according to Ford’s website." (CNBC)

Stay tuned for the reveal on Tuesday, June 8th!

Some photos:

1622767278810.png

1622767289407.png

1622767428066.jpeg

1622767424034.png

1622767473156.png

1622767492506.png

So, what do you think? Do you like it and do you think they will offer the Tremor package on it?

Now that it has been revealed, I like it! It looks good but does need a chrome delete. Will I own one? NO. This is for those people who want a "truck" and buy a half ton. Those people who don't know how to drive and have no use for a half ton. And it still has similar payload to a half ton. Plus it is cheaper.

I am surprised that the hybrid is the cheaper engine...

Good job Ford!

1623354268749.png

1623354341543.png

1623354378035.png

Last edited:
It looks like the Honda Ridgeline. Is that the market they are going after with this one?

View attachment 25219
Yes, similar market (I think). That being said, I think it will be more similar to the Subaru Baja. Not how it looks though, more just the style (eg. no separate bed). So slightly smaller than the Ridgeline. One of my family members has a Baja (not the one pictured), it's not bad!
1622771499579.png

Oh and there is supposed to be a hybrid option for it. Another hope of mine is actual 4WD, but that seems kind of unlikely :(.

Bring it on. I know I would never buy one, but the great part of America is most of us still have freedoms on what to do with our hard earned (or Government provided) $$$. I was a kid in the '70s when my Dad drove us around in a 1973 Dodge Club Cab Long Bed. That thing was around 22' long. Other's drove their kids around in Chevy LUV's and Subaru Brats. All was well back then and I am convinced it was because everyone could get a truckish vehicle.

Big truck dudes like us can have our Monster Super Duties, and light truck dudes can have their Mavericks. The other dudes will have to find their place in the middle...

...let's see what happens...

I'm not sold on them using the Maverick name plate. I wish they'd come up with some more original than re-using a 1970s car name for a truck.

I expect city dwellers to rejoice and any off road expectations minimized. Other than it being a unibody, it'll probably be a modern version of the Courier.

The Ford Maverick is coming soon! Do you think they will offer it with the Tremor package? I think it would be a smart move for them and hope they do!

"The newest addition to Ford’s lineup. With the compact maneuverability of an SUV and the capability of a truck, it’s built for the urban jungle, weekend escapes and you." (Ford)
View attachment 25218

"Ford's adding to its pickup truck portfolio with the upcoming 2022 Maverick. Positioned below the midsize Ranger in the Blue Oval's truck hierarchy, the Maverick is due to ride on the unibody bones that underpin the Escape and Bronco Sport SUVs. While the Maverick will serve as Ford's smallest pickup option, it'll still likely sit on a wheelbase that overshadows the 106.7-inch and 105.1-inch wheelbases of the Escape and Bronco Sport, respectively. Similarly, the Maverick's overall length ought to outstretch its compact SUV stablemates while still falling short of the 210.8-inch long Ranger." (MOTOR TREND)

"Ford Motor will expand its highly profitable truck lineup with a new small pickup called Maverick, the company confirmed Thursday. The compact vehicle is expected to be smaller than Ford’s F-150 full-size pickup as well as its midsize Ranger. It could be among the smallest and cheapest pickups in the U.S., filling a void for some buyers as trucks have grown increasingly larger and pricier. “We do think there’s some opportunity there because of how expensive trucks have gotten, how big they’ve gotten and the overall popularity of trucks,” said Michelle Krebs, executive analyst at Cox Automotive. The pickup is being produced at Ford’s Hermosillo plant in Mexico alongside the company’s new Ford Bronco Sport SUV. The Maverick is expected to go on sale by the end of this year, however a Ford spokeswoman declined to comment on additional details of the vehicle other than its name and unveiling next week.Analysts have said the Maverick will need to be priced well below the Ford Ranger and other midsize pickups to be competitive in the U.S. market. A two-door version of the Ranger starts at about $25,000. A four-door model starts at about $27,000, according to Ford’s website." (CNBC)

Stay tuned for the reveal on Tuesday, June 8th!

Some photos:

View attachment 25211
View attachment 25212
View attachment 25214
View attachment 25213
View attachment 25216
View attachment 25217

So, what do you think? Do you like it and do you think they will offer the Tremor package on it?
Looks like a joke for a truck. Looks Honda Ridgeline ish

It looks like the Honda Ridgeline. Is that the market they are going after with this one?

View attachment 25219
Ford needs to keep their focus on the f150 and super duty’s. Their bread and butter. I’d hate to see a company go under trying to play in all the markets. Stick to what works and make better what you already have. The bronco sport is a total waste so will this

I'm not sold on them using the Maverick name plate. I wish they'd come up with some more original than re-using a 1970s car name for a truck.
You mean you do not like how they used the name Mustang-E for a vehicle they has nothing to do with the car with the same name... :rolleyes:
I agree, it is a bad move! They need to hire some new marketing people who can come up with their own ideas for car names.

Ford needs to keep their focus on the f150 and super duty’s. Their bread and butter. I’d hate to see a company go under trying to play in all the markets. Stick to what works and make better what you already have. The bronco sport is a total waste so will this

They have stopped making all cars except the Mustang, so they really are focusing on trucks, trucks and more trucks! Like you, I do not agree with a really small pickup truck, but I thought the regular Bronco might be an interesting throwback to my younger years. The Bronco Sport looks awkward to say the least, but it seems they are trying all kinds of new truck things to see what will stick.

I hope the offer the tremor package on it. Because that last picture looks like it’s only 3 inches off the ground.
I don't. I don't want to tarnish the name. I'm pretty sure I read its a front wheel drive unibody vehicle. It's basically a crossover with a bed. A Tremor package on this would be very hard to do right.

I can see street appearance packages offered on this or someone modifying them. Yes, bring back the mini truck craze with modern flair! Drop that thing on the ground, bag it, and give it some 26 inch wheels.

Low and slow.................................

Laugh but those hard square lines would look good sitting low and level.

Im confused as to why they would make that. Isn't it basically a ranger?

Im confused as to why they would make that. Isn't it basically a ranger?
No, the ranger is still a traditional body-on-frame truck. This is a unibody "truck" like the Ridgeline. There are others in the development pipeline too. Kia/Hyundai are putting one together.

It's basically a small to mid-sized crossover SUV with the rear end turned from a covered cargo area into a open bed. I think they're kind of silly. Don't know why you wouldn't just buy the same basic thing in a crossover SUV.

No, the ranger is still a traditional body-on-frame truck. This is a unibody "truck" like the Ridgeline. There are others in the development pipeline too. Kia/Hyundai are putting one together.

It's basically a small to mid-sized crossover SUV with the rear end turned from a covered cargo area into a open bed. I think they're kind of silly. Don't know why you wouldn't just buy the same basic thing in a crossover SUV.

So, what you’re telling me is that there’ll be no mini truck dancing bed renaissance? That’s bullshit.

Dancing-Bed-Rack-Dancing-Tuning-2.jpg

View attachment 25219
that's what I thought too.

I think there's a market out there for really small llight duty trucks. People who want bed space for home depot runs, but will never tow more than a tear drop camper or haul more than a half a yard of mulch. Could be a decent little utility truck the the old chevy S-10 or those old pre-tacoma toyotas and pre Frontier Nissan/Datsuns and Mazdas you used to see back in the 90s. I think trucks got too big for a decent segment of the market.

I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole, but I'm sure it will sell. I bet it will be hybrid only though.

Back