Ford Maintenance Plans, are they worth it

I didn’t get the maintenance plan on my 2021. I have a take home vehicle for work and don't accrue enough mileage to make the plans I was offered work for me as they are all tied to time. If I could have purchased a flat mileage based plan I would have done it.

I think the issue with what was meant by skilled vs unskilled more pertains to the lube guys. When you take a vehicle in for regular maintenance its the lube techs that perform the work most of the time. In fact most dealerships have the lube shop separate from the mechanics shop. You know "Quick Lane". So these guys are the lowest skilled and lowest paid guys in the shop. Your long time skilled mechanics earn their pay doing the hard stuff not by doing vehicle maintenance. It wouldn't be unheard of but it's usually not the case. They want to move vehicles fast and mistakes are made and cleanliness can be an issue. I still have them service my vehicle but the way the shop is set up there is a bar top type counter with stools looking right into the two bay quick lane service department and I watch the whole time so nothing wonky happens. I never leave my vehicle and just come back later.
Everyone has to start somewhere. If entry level employees are doing a poor job, it’s due to poor leadership in most cases.

I got a 7/70 maintenance plan on mine. I will hit the time before I hit the miles, I am on the 5K mile service interval. I have the 7.3 so I know maintenance is less expensive than the diesel and I paid right around $1200-$1300 for it. Looking at what the dealer charges for the services I will get it was worth it. I do work on my own vehicles, but I figured that if I can get them to do it its one less thing to worry about. Also no worries if something went wrong they cant blame lack of or incorrect maintenance because they are doing it. Purchase my truck in CA, had my second service done in ID on a road trip, left in the middle of a storm with nice new wipers! Think its a great deal and saves a lot of time and hassle.

I will be getting for sure even for 7.3...its not that I can't do my own maintenance, I have a 30 year old Jeep and 46 yr old Bronco that nobody but me gets near with a wrench, throw in tractor, a mower and regular house projects and calendar gets full fast. My hunting season runs 8-15 thur 1-30. I have big game tags in 4 states this year, plus small game, doves, and ducks.
As get older I am going with the wrench less hunt more approach. YMMV

Just curious as to what happens if vehicle is totaled
At anytime you can sell back your plan. They do a prorate for all refunds after the first maintenance. The prorate is to their advantage. From what I remember they deduct the cost of service up to that point and give you the balance of what you paid for your plan.

I had a lot of second thoughts about purchasing the plan and made sure I had a way out. So far it's been painless. Except when they mixed up my brother and mines appointments. Went in for an oil change and they wanted to yank out my transmission....

My dealer sold me on a 100k mile maintenance plan. First time in my life that I won't be doing my own oil changes and service. ?

I literally just got back from my first service. Fresh oil, def topped off, everything checked, windshield cleaned. ?

I don't even concern myself about whether I'd be saving money doing it myself. Tremor will tell me when it needs an oil change, and the dealer will take care of it... I've earned it. I've worked hard all my life. My time and energy have become valuable enough to be a little more discretionary with how I spend it.

But that's just my "old guy" rationale. I totally understand those that elect to do their own maintenance, there's a lot of satisfaction and confidence of a job well done that comes along with that.

Whatever you choose, make sure it includes driving that Sombitch! Haul some stuff! Climb some hills! Throttle it up in some mud! It's a Ford, made for hard work and hard play, the American way! ?
That's perfectly put. You can not put a Value on your precious times. This Tremor going to have someone taking care of without me to worry about the break down and blame game from the Dealers ( or manufactory ). It costs upper 60K to purchase this vehicle, few more thousands is not going to hold me back for the piece of mind. Specially right now with all these Microchip shortage and you don't know what kind of the quality insurance you getting. The 2022 F250 Lariat Tremor are Built and await for arrange shipment to the Dealer. Est. Delivery on the 14th of August. Keeping my finger crossed.

Click the link below and this dealer publishes and sells rock bottom ford protection plans.

Also think of these extended warranties as an insurance plan. If your truck it built tip top your out a few bucks if you have issues they are golden .

Also all these calculations are based on not a single major problem 1-2 problems Andy warranty is super golden .

Is this site legit? Those prices are very good in my opinion.

Last edited:
Is this site legit? Those prices are very good in my opinion.

It is - they allegedly sell the warranty for $100 over their cost to "buy" it from Ford. The only place they can't sell it is Florida. Something about Florida's extended warranty laws or something.

So I looked at that website as I was interested in seeing what they charge for the maintenance plans and it says, or maybe I read wrong, that you need to add ESP first.

Can you get the maintenance plan without an extended service/warranty plan?

So I looked at that website as I was interested in seeing what they charge for the maintenance plans and it says, or maybe I read wrong, that you need to add ESP first.

Can you get the maintenance plan without an extended service/warranty plan?
I'm not sure. I just came across this website and was just wondering.

Back