Ford locator vs dealer..(UPDATE: found my tremor!)

purduesd

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Platty 6.7 Tremor
So a truck i’m interested in popped up today on fords locator (listed as “just arrived”) at a local dealer. It’s a 95% match so i’m pumped. Reach out to my salesman, he says it hasn’t been built yet, probably a month out from delivery.

Is this just the game that ford locator plays? I’ve called/stopped in multiple other dealers while traveling and never see the “just arrived” trucks on the lot.

So a truck i’m interested in popped up today on fords locator (listed as “just arrived”) at a local dealer. It’s a 95% match so i’m pumped. Reach out to my salesman, he says it hasn’t been built yet, probably a month out from delivery.

Is this just the game that ford locator plays? I’ve called/stopped in multiple other dealers while traveling and never see the “just arrived” trucks on the lot.
I had this happen to me as well a few times. The ford website will say its in inventory at dealer , when I went to the dealer website it wasn’t there the dealer apologized and told me to always verify with dealer, similar to us when the dealer orders the vehicle they get a vin, and then ford lists the truck against their dealership.

Well, it all worked out... i just bought it!

it’s in production according to alumnizilla. Dealer said middle of september probably. I’m pumped!

Star White Platinum Tremor
moonroof, high cap trailer tow
cab lights, up fitter sw

no marsala leather though :cry:

Congrats! :D

Congratulations!

I've even had a truck be in the dealer's inventory and they couldn't locate the truck on the lot. As for a truck being in Ford's Inventory, I have found it easiest to just copy/paste the VIN and search on the Dealer's website.

The Ford locater/inventory search really needs some help. I've found many trucks that said arrived, but not even built, or that were listed and were already sold.

Congrats on the purchase!

The truck I purchased said the same thing, I asked the dealer if I could deposit down and when it arrived just come pick it, he said sure, pretty simple deal.

The truck I purchased said the same thing, I asked the dealer if I could deposit down and when it arrived just come pick it, he said sure, pretty simple deal.
Thats exactly what i did after the typical back and forth settle in the middle haggle. (y)

Back