Ford Brake Bulletin

I believe that is a misconception. The vanes do more than the holes do, and beyond that force air cooling through ducts provides more cooling effect. For the most part, those holes are for looks, at least for our application. They can cause more cracking of the rotors as well. I prefer plain slotted to simply clean the surface, but even those can provide less friction surface due to material being absent for the pads to rub on. Brakes are a very interesting subject, lots of information and misinformation.
Thanks. I like to be factual. No sense of me spreading false information. It was told to me that the holes keep it cooler. And yeah I do see what you are saying less material to grab.
Snake Pit says this is what he puts on customers builds. It wasn’t that expensive in my view so I’m happy to upgrade. So thanks my man.

Thanks. I like to be factual. No sense of me spreading false information. It was told to me that the holes keep it cooler. And yeah I do see what you are saying less material to grab.
Snake Pit says this is what he puts on customers builds. It wasn’t that expensive in my view so I’m happy to upgrade. So thanks my man.
No worries, I recently learned more about it myself as I purchased new brake pads and rotors for my focus st and perused a forum reading about brakes and what works and what doesn't and what is unnecessary gimmicks. For our applications a simple vented rotor without slots or holes is plenty good, works well. Guys on the forum that even race their focus STs apparently use solid rotors that one can buy from autozone or any hardware store as they're the same for less. Even if needing to replace, no point in spending more simply because of name or holes if they don't provide any benefit. It's the pad you should care about, the materials are what are important as well as the area of contact, how much area is contacted.

Focus ST forum guys were upgrading their rear calipers to a mazda 3 simply because there's a bit more contact patch on the brake rotor and they fit, so a bit better and more balanced braking. Pretty interesting, at least to me. On my focus I wanted a look so I opted for a slotted 'J' hook EBC rotor and got a Hawk HPS pads plus some stainless braided lines to give me a more confident brake pedal feel. Need to install it all still...

No worries, I recently learned more about it myself as I purchased new brake pads and rotors for my focus st and perused a forum reading about brakes and what works and what doesn't and what is unnecessary gimmicks. For our applications a simple vented rotor without slots or holes is plenty good, works well. Guys on the forum that even race their focus STs apparently use solid rotors that one can buy from autozone or any hardware store as they're the same for less. Even if needing to replace, no point in spending more simply because of name or holes if they don't provide any benefit. It's the pad you should care about, the materials are what are important as well as the area of contact, how much area is contacted.

Focus ST forum guys were upgrading their rear calipers to a mazda 3 simply because there's a bit more contact patch on the brake rotor and they fit, so a bit better and more balanced braking. Pretty interesting, at least to me. On my focus I wanted a look so I opted for a slotted 'J' hook EBC rotor and got a Hawk HPS pads plus some stainless braided lines to give me a more confident brake pedal feel. Need to install it all still...
Can you give a link for the steel braided cables. How much did your whole set cost you.

Can you give a link for the steel braided cables. How much did your whole set cost you.
Sorry if there was some confusion, I got that whole thing for my Focus ST. It was a bit pricey due to the EBC rotors being around 380$ for all 4, pads were around $183 (tire rack had them cheap for whatever reason) and lines were like 108$. All of this was for my Focus ST at 52K miles. Warranty is finally up and I'm going to slightly mod it to make my daily commute a bit more lively.

In 17' I bought a new F350 Platinum. I loved everything about the Truck except the Ft Wheel Brake Dust. I replaced the Ft Pads with a set of EBC Green Stuff Pads. I didn't realize the truck had weak Braking until I installed these Pads. Much better pedal feel and, no more Brake Dust. Win Win.

So back to the brake pulling. Took my 2021 Tremor on forst real road trip, about 3500 miles. Like some others above, hard braking, definte grab and hard pull to right. Will be taking it in for a service when I get home, and looks like they need to look at the brakes. I know the TSB number was reference 2020s, anyone else with a 2021 still experiencing the hard pull as well?

So back to the brake pulling. Took my 2021 Tremor on forst real road trip, about 3500 miles. Like some others above, hard braking, definte grab and hard pull to right. Will be taking it in for a service when I get home, and looks like they need to look at the brakes. I know the TSB number was reference 2020s, anyone else with a 2021 still experiencing the hard pull as well?
SSM 49222 is the bulletin number (from page ) I searched for SSM 2021 and such.. nada. I'll be reading up also on it. Watching the thread too).

I'll say this about Ford braking in general from my experience with 3 F250s. My Tremor did this once when it was relatively brand new. Running hard towing a light trailer had to slam on the brakes. After doing so, it pulled to the left for the rest of the trip. Since has never repeated, including same circumstances.

My 2015 F250 did the same thing, however a couple of times in similar circumstances when it was new, then mysteriously disappeared.

My 2005 F250 never did it.

Get your brakes checked and hopefully they are just braking in.

I'll say this about Ford braking in general from my experience with 3 F250s. My Tremor did this once when it was relatively brand new. Running hard towing a light trailer had to slam on the brakes. After doing so, it pulled to the left for the rest of the trip. Since has never repeated, including same circumstances.

My 2015 F250 did the same thing, however a couple of times in similar circumstances when it was new, then mysteriously disappeared.

My 2005 F250 never did it.

Get your brakes checked and hopefully they are just braking in.
Will see, have about 4800 miles on it, so should be about broken in, have today left to drive, will see. Thanks all!

Will see, have about 4800 miles on it, so should be about broken in, have today left to drive, will see. Thanks all!

i learned in a previous thread that it can take several thousand miles for these brakes to bed-in. And it may require some aggressive braking. Or even intentional bed-in procedures. I suppose it’s possible they could be bedding-in unevenly.

My experience has been that these brakes are insufficient but they do at least seem to have improved marginally since my early observations.

It's been a few thousand miles for me since I had the calipers changed. I still have some pull every once in a while under hard braking but I don't know why it only does it in some cases. Still way better than before.

My brakes have been perfect from Day 1 even towing.
It's always better to be lucky.

My brakes have been perfect from Day 1 even towing.
It's always better to be lucky.

No matter how lucky you are, brakes need to bed-in and will perform poorly until that point.

But performance is relative.

My guess is your last vehicle had really shit brakes. ?

Back