modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
I just saw this service bulletin on the new Ford 7.3l gas engine posted on Facebook, thought I'd pass it along here. Sucks to see there might be issues, but I'm glad to see Ford on it instead of sweeping it under the rug.

ford-7.3l-servicebull.jpg

To find build date: look on your window sticker. last line under MSRP you will see a long line of numbers. the last six are the build date.

I just picked mine up on Saturday. It has a build date of 01/29/2020. I’ll be calling in the Dealership in the morning. Thank You

My build date was Feb 22, 2020. Looks like it’s after the trucks needing this recall! Thank goodness for that.

Looks like I just missed the dates. It's in transit due to arrive in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200225-054911.png
    Screenshot_20200225-054911.png
    263.1 KB · Views: 203
Is this legit? My F250 Tremor just arrived at the dealer and has a build date of 01/28/2020 from the Kentucky plant. I have not picked it up yet and forwarded the letter above to the dealer. They stated there are no bulletins against it but I’m not sure I trust them. The last thing I want is to buy the thing then have it sit on the lot waiting to be fixed.

do we know where this bracket is so we can look for ourselves and check?
or is it internal.

I just saw on another site that Ford forgot to put rear end fluid in some of the trucks. They have a service bulletin on it from what I read!

mine was Jan 12, a Sunday truck, so it will be recalled i guess

Last edited:
Checked with my service writer (woody folsom in baxley ga. )
about the issues with the piston oil bracket, he ran my vin said nothing at this time from ford on my truck. He said that they had no problems with any of the 7.3s that they had sold. My build date January 7th according to my window sticker. Only 650 miles on her so far and running great. My toes are still crossed though. ??

Back