FOB wouldn’t work today - anyone ever had this happen?

OP
OP
N

number9xd

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
If I missed it, can't you use or did your try the Ford App to unlock your doors? I never use my fob, always keep it in my pocket and use the touch to unlock front door handels and always either use the key pad or door handle push to lock buttons. I don't know if this helps any..
I did not, as I have disabled connectivity from my truck, so the ford pass app isn’t an option. Even if it was tho, I don’t think I’d trust it enough to rely on it.

AndyD78

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Lariat Tremor 6.7
If I missed it, can't you use or did your try the Ford App to unlock your doors? I never use my fob, always keep it in my pocket and use the touch to unlock front door handels and always either use the key pad or door handle push to lock buttons. I don't know if this helps any..
My app doesn't work either. It's like all electric functions are shut down.

OP
OP
N

number9xd

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
I broke down and ordered the door pillar trim and keypad. Parts came today. Thinking I’ll go ahead and do the rear door handle swap while I’m in there. May not get a chance to install them until next weekend.

Wirelessguy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 7.3 Lariat Tremor Lithium Gray 12K winch
I'm not sure what's wrong with the Ford app but the FOB could easily be seeing interference from some wireless device nearby that has gone bad. I look at interference for the wireless carriers and it would amaze you what can cause a whole cell site to stop working. Little things like a bad motor winding on a garage door or the older cordless radios, just about everything purchased on Alibaba. I think our remotes operate at 315 MHz but a bad device could be interfering out of band. If you are close to a military base it could be them, we had Nellis Airforce Base taking down a complete cellular network and all FOBs in the city, this went off and on for months. One of our retired AF guys called the base and they said it wasn't them but it stopped that day. I always wondered how well the jamming worked on those planes.

If it always happens at the same place like the gas station or a certain time of day it's most likely interference, if its all of the time I would check the battery and look at the circuit board, the FOB probably has the antenna integrated into the board and could have a bad solder joint.

If it's still in warranty make the dealer fix it.