Bill

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 6.7L Tremor
Current Ride #2
2022 Airstream Globetrotter 25FB
Anyone here have one for their business/work? Thoughts or recommendations?

As is I’m filling up between 2 and 3 times per week on average and we are planning to start RVing. I really like the idea of having the fuel islands open to me at truck stops and other larger stations, plus saving a few cents doesn’t hurt my feelings either.

I’ve read up a bit on the TSD Logistics card that is geared towards RVers. And while the savings are good it does seem very limited, especially around my normal home driving area.

We’ve got our farm LLC so I should qualify for a legitimate business fleet card I’d imagine. Just wondering if anyone has experience with something like the Crossroads Freight Card from Wex, or others?

I have the TSD and the Pilot/Flying J. Both do pump start on the truck islands. I have a 40’ Cummins L9 powered diesel pusher that sucks it up, so it’s strictly truck islands for that thing. The TSD card is dirt simple to get and provides a significant discount though, so I’d probably advise you start there.

I’m a heavy haul truck driver, started out working for a crane company that had a lot of gas pickups and spent lots of time in cities such as Denver. they used the Wex universal fleet fuel card and it was great. it worked everywhere from 7/11s in downtown Denver to the stations on the New Jersey turnpike, and every truck stop I ever attempted to use it at. granted as a driver I don’t know the logistic side of it but every time I did have a hiccup our account manager seemed to get it resolved within minutes.

the company I’m with now has the EFS/TCH cards and they’re a pain in the ass. they work at a very limited selection of truck stops, and many times even then they won’t work at the pump and we’ll have to go inside and have them call for authorization. my trailer has two small gas motors on it and I go through probably 10 gallons of gasoline a week and the EFS card absolutely will not work at a gas pump, so I get to put that on a company MasterCard which to me seems to defeat the whole purpose of the fuel card.

I know it’s pretty limited info, but that’s my 2 cents on those two cards anyway.

I work for an employer who has a pretty cool vehicle plan which includes a Pacific Pride Fuel Card. In my neck of the woods, the PP stations are easy to find.

If you can set up a PP account do it.

I did some research to see if I could get a personal PP account but I can't...bummer...I guess I will need to keep working for my employer who treats us awesome and provides us with an endless stream of fun stuff to do!

I have the TSD and the Pilot/Flying J. Both do pump start on the truck islands. I have a 40’ Cummins L9 powered diesel pusher that sucks it up, so it’s strictly truck islands for that thing. The TSD card is dirt simple to get and provides a significant discount though, so I’d probably advise you start there.
The TSD sounds nice, and my help if I’m out on the road for trips but for around here on the daily it’s not as helpful. There are only 2 stations in their plan anywhere near me and they are 50 miles in the wrong direction. None of the places closer, especially the one that I pass everyday, are on their plan. I know I could still use the card at their fuel island and just pay full price but if I can find something with a little more reach near me even a few cents discount is gravy.

I have a local fuel card here in WI, they offer fuel discounts and discounts on the mech inside. Very limited in stations ( Kwik Trip) I would like a fuel card that I could use on trips. Both out east and west. I like to fill at the diesel islands especially when they sell bulk DEF.

I use Gas Buddy on a regular basis and will get at most 40 cents off per gal and as low as 5 cents off per gal on diesel and 25 cents for regular fuel and 5 cents as low

I would 100% recommend it also has a card that can be used at 90% of gas station and it not your debit card so if there is a card slimmer they can't use your card at target or Walmart on ly works at gas pumps

I got the TSD mainly for when I'm towing so I don't have to fight the morons in regular gas stations. I also got it so that I don't have to re-boot the pump 2-3 times to fill my S&B 60 gallon tank. Any savings are just icing on the cake.

I am interested in the TSD card. I need to do some research on it. I thought it had recently been restricting its benefits or locations or something. Anyways, when I’m towing I always go to the truck islands. You can walk in and pre pay/authorize for the amount of fuel you want. Walk back out and pump and then go back in again after pulling up when fueling is complete for receipt.

I’m a little confused…..I pulled my 2016 Dmax dually into the truck island all the time for diesel and def with no issues. I just told them or selected private, not commercial. It is a pain going in to pre-pay for def when I don’t get fuel, but I’ve never been refused service at any truck stop.

So are you only seeking a discount or are you saying you can’t use diesel islands without a card?

The TSD discount varies but it is worth it to me because with a 60 gal tank I don't have to restart the pump two or three times plus I can do DEF at the same time. The only problem is those pumps pump at three times the rate of regular pumps so you have to sort of feather the lever to get started and then increase it very gradually so it doesn't cut off.

I’m a little confused…..I pulled my 2016 Dmax dually into the truck island all the time for diesel and def with no issues. I just told them or selected private, not commercial. It is a pain going in to pre-pay for def when I don’t get fuel, but I’ve never been refused service at any truck stop.

So are you only seeking a discount or are you saying you can’t use diesel islands without a card?
Both a discount and the ability to fuel at the commercial diesel islands without having to pre-pay.

Been a few years for me since I was running a gas station, but every fleet card I dealt with made sense for a company to issue to drivers so they could access fuel but not all the other stuff in the store, and had tracking by truck number. Most of the time, the fuel prices attached to them were not necessarily less than customers paid at the pump, especially if drivers were outside of the issuing company’s ownership area. Fuel profits are miniscule. Usually a few cents per gallon after credit card fees and stolen cards (chargebacks) are accounted for.
Jcamper

It's mainly the convenience for me of not having to deal with the jack wagons at regular gas stations when I'm towing.

I just wish Ford had put in a bigger fill tube to accommodate the commercial pumps rate.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back