Fixing to be a Ford Tremor guy.

SwampLife

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Fixing to be a Ford Tremor guy. First thanks to you and your forum for allowing me to read all yalls great info. I have Been driving the same truck for 300k and 22 years. Its time to treat myself to a new truck. I love the F250. Through your many suggestions i will be ordering a Platinum in carbon grey. I am planning to do some Carli upgrades for highway ride comfort. As i sat down to make this order it kinda hit me…..
if i upgrade to the Tremor package, then add some Carli upgrades like 4.5 lift, wheels, tires, and ect, what is left of the Tremor package? Would it be silly to order without the Tremor and still add the suspension and tire upgrades?
Please educate me a bit!?!?! What am i missing!?!?

Fixing to be a Ford Tremor guy. First thanks to you and your forum for allowing me to read all yalls great info. I have Been driving the same truck for 300k and 22 years. Its time to treat myself to a new truck. I love the F250. Through your many suggestions i will be ordering a Platinum in carbon grey. I am planning to do some Carli upgrades for highway ride comfort. As i sat down to make this order it kinda hit me…..
if i upgrade to the Tremor package, then add some Carli upgrades like 4.5 lift, wheels, tires, and ect, what is left of the Tremor package? Would it be silly to order without the Tremor and still add the suspension and tire upgrades?
Welcome.

All that would be left is Rock crawl mode (meh) and some stickers (meh) and specific running boards unless you have the power retractable ones. You also could add the winch.

I don’t think I am forgetting anything, but that’s the basics.

Welcome.

All that would be left is Rock crawl mode (meh) and some stickers (meh) and specific running boards unless you have the power retractable ones. You also could add the winch.

I don’t think I am forgetting anything, but that’s the basics.
Is the locking rear dif available on all trim levels or just the Tremor?

Included with the Tremor package is the electronic locking rear diff (available option for standard Super Duty), limited slip front diff (not available without Tremor package I believe), Rock Crawl mode (not available without Tremor package), slow speed cruise control (can’t remember what it is called, only available with Tremor), smaller front air damn (Tremor only), off-road oriented running boards (Tremor only I believe), heavy duty tow package included (optional for Super Duty) and the F250 model receives the same suspension and rear diff as the F350 as part of the heavy duty tow package.
I think that covers it, but please correct me if I’m wrong.

Included with the Tremor package is the electronic locking rear diff (available option for standard Super Duty), limited slip front diff (not available without Tremor package I believe), Rock Crawl mode (not available without Tremor package), slow speed cruise control (can’t remember what it is called, only available with Tremor), smaller front air damn (Tremor only), off-road oriented running boards (Tremor only I believe), heavy duty tow package included (optional for Super Duty) and the F250 model receives the same suspension and rear diff as the F350 as part of the heavy duty tow package.
Nailed it!👍🏻

I believe there is one more to add…vented axel tubes aka the ability to traverse through up to 30” (I think this is correct) of water without potential problems and possibly voiding the warranty. The standard Super Duty is good for like 14” (again not exactly sure) of water depth. It is a substantial difference between the two. 🍻👊🏼

Option for option the Tremor pkg runs about $1300 over FX4.
With the exception of massaging seats not being available on Lariat Ultimate, it really breaks down to trim and color choices that divide the 3 Tremor models, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum. Put another way, Chrome, Mono-Tone Two Tone, or Black out.
Carli Suspension components, Fox or King Shocks just makes it that much better. Over and above the FX4 pkg, the Tremor pkg most notably gives you Crawl Mode and Limited Slip ft Diff. If your plans include anything other than dirt roads, the Crawl Mode is bad ass, Ft Limited Slip gives you the extra traction you can always use. You can easily be in the $80,000 truck territory. Spending anytime around here, another $ ????? + in mods isn't uncommon.
To Winch or not to Winch, Lights, Bumpers, OBA, Tires, Wheels, Suspension, Refrigerator, Bed Covers, Canopies, Floor mats, Bed Liners or Bed mats, Mud Flaps, Wheel Well Liners .. the mods are endless .. Good Luck, welcome aboard. We're happy to help the economy anyway we can .. 🍻 🍻 ..

I believe there is one more to add…vented axel tubes aka the ability to traverse through up to 30” (I think this is correct) of water without potential problems and possibly voiding the warranty. The standard Super Duty is good for like 14” (again not exactly sure) of water depth. It is a substantial difference between the two. 🍻👊🏼
This ⬆️

Yes, that is right! Forgot about that! I believe it is 33” water depth.

Yes, that is right! Forgot about that! I believe it is 33” water depth.
I knew someone would know the actual numbers. Thank you for the assist. I definitely knew that the difference in “permitted” water fording depth according to Ford is significant between the regular SD and the Tremor.

If you plan to go off road often the Tremor trail control is something you can't add later. If you are a road guy only you can make any 4x4 super duty look like a Tremor, and use the $2500 difference on your upgrades to get there.

The ONLY THING I noticed about your thread is that your "FIXING TO BE" ... LOL, I grew up in your area and the lingo makes perfect sense me. I was always FIXING to do this or that.... LOL! Thanks for bringing me back in life 30 years when I lived in your neck of the woods.

If I am wrong, forgive me, but there is also a 36"? water-fording ability for the drive-line. I drove through some "deep-ass" run-offs during the past two storms in the last month so that could be important.
Agreed! I’m happy to hear that it worked for you.

Back