First tow

Bryantbjb

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Rented our first trailer. Don’t think I would ever get this model, but great for a first time. Tremor did awesome.

Attachments

• D9DAD721-0720-4F10-95D4-F3CF845AD7EE.jpeg
    D9DAD721-0720-4F10-95D4-F3CF845AD7EE.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 265
Nice rig. What light bar and brackets are you using on you bumper? I’m tryin to do something similar? Thx
Standard brackets. Just drilled through the bumper. All good.

Attachments

• D532CA71-943B-46E8-BAD7-C87D670F1B7E.jpeg
    D532CA71-943B-46E8-BAD7-C87D670F1B7E.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 100
Nice looking truck! What bug shield are you running? I really like how it extends out to cover the fenders vs only the hood with the factory model.
Here you go. I really like it.

Attachments

• 03758A26-E060-4D29-8424-99D87DC8F41F.jpeg
    03758A26-E060-4D29-8424-99D87DC8F41F.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 65
I'm an RV nut. Since you live in Oregon, do yourself a favor, and visit the NorthWood RV manufacturing plant, in La Grange OR. They make Arctic Fox, Nash and I believe they're affiliated with OutDoor RV Travel Trailers. In all seriousness, these trailers are better made than 99% of ALL trailers on the road. A quality Trailer starts with the Frame. You'll learn a lot. Northwood RV are the only Travel Trailer company I know of that make their own Frames. Thats a big deal. Everyone else uses Lippert. We currently have an older Arctic Fox Travel Trailer. My nephew wants it badly, When the time comes, our new trailer will be an OutDoor RV Titanium model.

StuFarmer, I believe ORV was started by Nash when he left Northwood.
Our 21RWS Backcountry - 100 gal fresh, 80lb LP, Cummins/Onan, increased clearance with off-road shocks, 340w solar. We can boondock for weeks if I could put a stop watch on the wife's showers.
A couple minor issues at first but all good now.

5FAC0EF7-EFFD-44E4-879B-EED842F76BC1.jpeg

Last edited:
StuFarmer, I believe ORV was started by Nash when he left Northwood.
Our 21RWS Backcountry - 100 gal fresh, 80lb LP, Cummins/Onan, increased clearance with off-road shocks, 340w solar. We can boondock for weeks if I could put a stop watch on the wife's showers.
A couple minor issues at first but all good now.

View attachment 22894
Yeah, you're right. Congratulations on getting such a great trailer. Having an Built-in Onboard Genny on a Travel Trailer is awesome.

I'm an RV nut. Since you live in Oregon, do yourself a favor, and visit the NorthWood RV manufacturing plant, in La Grange OR. They make Arctic Fox, Nash and I believe they're affiliated with OutDoor RV Travel Trailers. In all seriousness, these trailers are better made than 99% of ALL trailers on the road. A quality Trailer starts with the Frame. You'll learn a lot. Northwood RV are the only Travel Trailer company I know of that make their own Frames. Thats a big deal. Everyone else uses Lippert. We currently have an older Arctic Fox Travel Trailer. My nephew wants it badly, When the time comes, our new trailer will be an OutDoor RV Titanium model.
Thanks. We’re not sure just yet if RV’ing is for us. One dog got constipated and the other got diarrhea. Towing was super easy with the F350 and Fort Stevens was a blast. We used to live in the area and never really explored the park. The trailer was also very basic and small. I’m going to look for another, larger, dual axle, trailer to rent and see how that goes.

"One dog got constipated and the other got diarrhea."

From the travel trailer?

My trailer in the pic above is only 21' but has every amenity one could want. The built-in genny is a real luxury. If we're driving and it is hot we will stop for lunch and fire it up to run the AC for 15-20 minutes. It would be tight for 2 people and 2 dogs if the latter are bigger than, say, spaniels. It does have a dinette slideout, not extended yet in the pic, which creates enough space to put a couple of comfy camp chairs by the table. You would be amazed at the spots I've shoe-horned that 21' into. If you don't anticipate boondocking in remote spots then a 24-28 footer would be very luxurious space wise.

Last edited:
"One dog got constipated and the other got diarrhea."

From the travel trailer?

My trailer in the pic above is only 21' but has every amenity one could want. Thebuilt-in genny is a real luxury. If we're driving and it is hot we will stop for lunch and fire it up to run the AC for 15-20 minutes. It would be tight for 2 people and 2 dogs if the latter are bigger than, say, spaniels. It does have a dinette slideout, not extended yet in the pic, which creates enough space to put a couple of comfy camp chairs by the table. You would be amazed at the spots I've shoe-horned that 21' into. If you don't anticipate boondocking in remote spots then a 24-28 footer would be very luxurious space wise.
Naw. I think it was the traveling experience. ?

Back