First Time Ford shopper, need some feedback on offer.

morenar

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Hello all,

This is my first time posting and first time looking for a F-250 Tremor, really any Ford. I have been doing my homework and shopping around for the right offer. I had one dealership that has a Tremor in route and have been emailing back and forth with the General Sales Manager. This Tremor has the 7.3 engine with the Lariat ultimate and sport package, moonroof. tremor package and some other features. MSRP is $70665.00. From my research I have been seeing folks get quoted invoice or $500-$1000 under invoice. I received the quote below from the General Manager. What are you all's thoughts? Can they do better?

1600444805096.png

Hello all,

This is my first time posting and first time looking for a F-250 Tremor, really any Ford. I have been doing my homework and shopping around for the right offer. I had one dealership that has a Tremor in route and have been emailing back and forth with the General Sales Manager. This Tremor has the 7.3 engine with the Lariat ultimate and sport package, moonroof. tremor package and some other features. MSRP is $70665.00. From my research I have been seeing folks get quoted invoice or $500-$1000 under invoice. I received the quote below from the General Manager. What are you all's thoughts? Can they do better?

View attachment 5542

The Adjusted Price seems fair and reasonable. However, I did not have the same miscellaneous fees as your quote. I only paid Tax, DMV fees and a $85 doc fee. I would work on lowering the Doc Fee. States usually set a max Doc Fee so check with your State DMV.

I agree, the Adjusted Price seems pretty good IMO.

Yeah, that Doc fee seems really high. Otherwise, that price is really good. I'm guessing somewhere around $2000 under invoice?

You should price the truck using X-Plan and use that as a baseline when comparing price. X-plan is invoice + $100 doc fee limit.

The Adjusted Price seems fair and reasonable. However, I did not have the same miscellaneous fees as your quote. I only paid Tax, DMV fees and a $85 doc fee. I would work on lowering the Doc Fee. States usually set a max Doc Fee so check with your State DMV.
Thanks for the response. In Florida as far as I know there is no Doc fee max but I have seen it as high as $999 at other dealers.

Yeah, that Doc fee seems really high. Otherwise, that price is really good. I'm guessing somewhere around $2000 under invoice?

You should price the truck using X-Plan and use that as a baseline when comparing price. X-plan is invoice + $100 doc fee limit.
Is the only way to use the X-plan by joining the mustang club?

Hello all,

View attachment 5542
Market value pricing is crap. If it were real he would have sold it at that price.
You are getting a $5670 discount from Msrp. I would ask to see invoice pricing.

personally, I would ask for his discount of $5670 off of msrp without the $800 doc fee mark up. This would make it a $6470 rebate plus the $800 doc fee.
Or make it easy for him, ask for $70k otd.
This would be $361 less than his current offer.

Also where do you see $1k below onvoice

Market value pricing is crap. If it were real he would have sold it at that price.
You are getting a $5670 discount from Msrp. I would ask to see invoice pricing.

personally, I would ask for his discount of $5670 off of msrp without the $800 doc fee mark up. This would make it a $6470 rebate plus the $800 doc fee.
Or make it easy for him, ask for $70k otd.
This would be $361 less than his current offer.

Also where do you see $1k below onvoice
I believe it was on one of the other ford forums.

I paid 500 under invoice and an $85 doc fee. $800 for that is way too high. I’d reach out to dealers a little further away and see what they can do. I was looking in LA (400 miles away) and ended up getting the best price 10 minutes down the road. Good luck with your purchase!

I paid 500 under invoice and an $85 doc fee. $800 for that is way too high. I’d reach out to dealers a little further away and see what they can do. I was looking in LA (400 miles away) and ended up getting the best price 10 minutes down the road. Good luck with your purchase!
Op should ask them to do $6.8k off of msrp. Since they advertised that discount.

Florida has the highest doc fees in the nation. Look it up. Some are as high as $999. Most states charge around $100

Hello all,

View attachment 5542

Thats awful. I paid 74k for a diesel. Ultimate package lariat, moonroof, adaptive cruise, etc. Basically a loaded Lariat. Sticker was 82k. I ordered mine though, wasn't fighting over scraps at a dealer, might be why they're asking a premium.

You really don't have any leverage to negotiate with, these trucks are in demand.

Hello all,

View attachment 5542
Hey My Man. I just ordered a 2021 F350 Platinum Tremor. There was the adjusted price Tax and 100$ for tags and title. It seems to me like extra fees involved. Sounds sketchy.

Go to Costcoauto.com and you can build any vehicle and they show MSRP and INVOICE. Really cool site. Even let you build 2021 With the winch.

So some bad news. By the time I went to go see the Tremor at the dealership, it had sold the night before. No worries, I was thinking of ordering one anyway. One question, does the sale go towards the dealers quota for the end of month and\or quarter on the day I order or when it gets delivered? I am seeing if I can take advantage of ordering on 09/30 to get a better deal.

If it doesn't work for me getting a better deal this month, I hope incentives are better at delivery.

So some bad news. By the time I went to go see the Tremor at the dealership, it had sold the night before. No worries, I was thinking of ordering one anyway. One question, does the sale go towards the dealers quota for the end of month and\or quarter on the day I order or when it gets delivered? I am seeing if I can take advantage of ordering on 09/30 to get a better deal.

If it doesn't work for me getting a better deal this month, I hope incentives are better at delivery.
When it’s delivered. No incentives won’t be better unless the economy completely collapses. Ford sells over 50k superduties a month.

Best you can do is a 2020 on the lot. The 21 will be more expensive. But by ordering you get exactly what you want.

When it’s delivered. No incentives won’t be better unless the economy completely collapses. Ford sells over 50k superduties a month.

Best you can do is a 2020 on the lot. The 21 will be more expensive. But by ordering you get exactly what you want.
Thanks, I already received a 2021 quote from one dealership and they were selling it to me at invoice.

Latest Discussions

Back