Rock Taxi

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited
I am heading out tomorrow to a friend's property to do a little R&R for the weekend and maybe some hog hunting (it's Texas and we are over-run with this invasive species - don't judge if you don't understand). I will get 5 hours of highway driving round-trip, and some light off-road in between highway stints.

I will give an update upon my return. Starting with 165 miles on the odometer. I know, I've had it for a month so it's not right that I am still burning the dealership's fuel, but I spend almost all my time on planes or in Ubers, so I have not had a chance to really drive it yet. ?

Ed

Nice - looking forward to your update as I can only take fantasy drives until mine arrives.

Sweet. Have a safe trip. Slay some swine. Hate those nasty buggers.

Sounds great. I have a Savage Hog Hunter .308 but I've only used it on deer. Good luck and I look forward to hearing your mileage report.

Should be a fun trip. Those hogs are no joke bad news, they've destroyed some of my property. I have a buddy that's been wanting to go hog hunting in a helicopter.

Took a 450 mile road trip Saturday. Ran 50 to 75 mph in Eco Mode. Many time quartering into a 30 mph wind. Elevations from 5000 to 7500 feet. Managed 13.8 mpg. Check out the bighorn rams!

Attachments

• 2020-01-25 14.58.05.jpg
    2020-01-25 14.58.05.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 230
LOL! ... at getting out of the truck so you can get the Tremor in the shot with the rams!
Totally understand.
It's a really cool pic though....and sharp truck!!

Got about 100 miles on mine so far. All city driving running errands this weekend. I’m at 12.7 per the computer. Not bad considering my 05 got 10 doing the same driving. Looking forward to a highway road trip to see how much it improves

I had a great weekend with one of my best friends ever. Shot clays, shot pistols, shot rifles, but with waist high broom weed covering all 1,100 acres, we just couldn't see anything and it wore us out quail hunting. Song dogs were everywhere, the hog rooting was so bad I need 4wd in places, but it was all but un-huntable. Still, a great time with a great friend.

The truck however.... Wow.

f3501.jpg

We loaded up with about a thousand pounds of cargo, and I put it on cruise control at 75 and took off. We left the DFW area about 10am with 198 total miles on the truck, and had little to no traffic. It was quiet and smooth on the highway. We averaged 19.3 mpg on the 170 mile highway drive into a 15 mph headwind out to the property. We cruised about 40 miles (5 mph max) around the property on Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning lowering the overall mileage down to 15.2 mpg combined. On the return trip the overall trip mpg climbed back to 17.1 mpg for the 384 mile total. Got the truck home about two hours ago, unloaded and hosed it down and it is sitting in the driveway with 582 miles on the odometer.

f3502.jpg

I got some light hill climbing in 4wd, a lot of sloppy dirt road idling (no wheel spin required with the Goodyears) and lots of rocky pasture cruising. It rides very well for a one ton truck off-road, and is amazing on the highway. The traction in 4 low with the rear e-locker is very good. I will say, cruise control is critical to not have the speed creep up on you. On a country road on the way home, I got to 90 without realizing it, and went back to cruise to not let it run away with me.

I love this truck.

Ed

The Tremor put the Rams out to pasture

You are living the dream, great photos and story!

Thanks for the follow up Ed. Glad you had a good time and the truck was solid for you!

Took a 450 mile road trip Saturday. Ran 50 to 75 mph in Eco Mode. Many time quartering into a 30 mph wind. Elevations from 5000 to 7500 feet. Managed 13.8 mpg. Check out the bighorn rams!

Now that's a great photo - You'll have to keep that one handy for the next truck of the month contest!

Great picture! What color is your truck?

About to take another 500+ mile round trip. Relatively light load, 160lbs of standard poodles, me and the wife, 3 rifles plus thermal equipment and ammo, 4 days of food in the cooler. Off to the ranch for some rest, a family reunion, feeder/hunting blind maintenance, hog hunting with the neighbor, and alone time with my wife.

About 1,500 miles on the odometer to start and 60 front, 65 rear psi in the tires. Looking forward to it!

Ed

What difference did you notice when you dropped the rear psi?

It rides MUCH better. I have only done grocery store type trips (less than 1 mile round trip) since I lowered the rear pressure, so no MPG data that is valid. We are having rain in TX, and I feel it is not fair to talk traction on oil soaked streets in Dallas, so I cannot say if this helped on my street traction complaints. I will post info and impressions after the trip. I could melt the tires and burn out the traction control computer if I just stood on the throttle, but again, it's wet. I had less than half the power in my 2001 F250, and street tires, so maybe I have a bad frame of reference?

Ed

It rides MUCH better. I have only done grocery store type trips (less than 1 mile round trip) since I lowered the rear pressure, so no MPG data that is valid. We are having rain in TX, and I feel it is not fair to talk traction on oil soaked streets in Dallas, so I cannot say if this helped on my street traction complaints. I will post info and impressions after the trip. I could melt the tires and burn out the traction control computer if I just stood on the throttle, but again, it's wet. I had less than half the power in my 2001 F250, and street tires, so maybe I have a bad frame of reference?

Ed
Thanks. I’ll give it a go. Mine came with 60 front and 80 rear.

Ed

Does the low tire alarm come on at 65 rear?

Back