First Road Trip

Does the low tire alarm come on at 65 rear?

No, I used FORScan to set the TPMS to 65 in the rear.

I got some interesting results driving last night. I had 5.5 hours of driving, 1 hour of stop and go rush hour, and 4.5 of no traffic highway. Overall mileage 18.8. I did notice something unexpected. I was getting 20.3 at 75mph on cruise, but when I got to the 65mph zones, my mileage dropped to 19.2mpg. No material wind at all.

Ed

I got some interesting results driving last night. I had 5.5 hours of driving, 1 hour of stop and go rush hour, and 4.5 of no traffic highway. Overall mileage 18.8. I did notice something unexpected. I was getting 20.3 at 75mph on cruise, but when I got to the 65mph zones, my mileage dropped to 19.2mpg. No material wind at all.

Ed
Excellent news! I drive fast on highways. The faster I go the more gas I save.

Ed

I noticed that at 75 there is VERY little RPM difference than at 68-70ish. So I too, have been setting cruise a little higher and seeing good results at the 75 range

I noticed that at 75 there is VERY little RPM difference than at 68-70ish. So I too, have been setting cruise a little higher and seeing good results at the 75 range

I really thought I was crazy. Glad you saw that outcome too.

Ed

Highway miles only, almost no traffic / slowing down at all except for the last 7 miles getting home in Dallas through 30 mph zones. 97 miles at 65 mph for the first leg was 19.2 mpg. The remaining 123 miles at 85 mph and the total mpg went up to 20.3. All on cruise. I'm still surprised to see the mileage go higher at 85 than 65. It must be closer to the sweet spot for the motor.

Ed

MPG.jpg

Last edited:
excellent fuel mileage

Oh, I forgot to say, I have had it on Eco Mode for all these MPG calculations. At some point, I will start testing the other modes for mileage. I have had no complaints about responsiveness, acceleration, or any other downsides to Eco Mode with no material weight in the truck.

Ed

Back