First oil change on the 6.7

You may want to make sure you’re not voiding the warranty by doing what you are doing in regards to the oils/ additive you plan on using. If you have an Eng issue and they find out there’s something other than what recommended it could be a very costly mistake on your part.
Like previous mentioned the oil is on the approved list by Ford. Lucas oil additive is also warranty safe product.

Sorry, I have to ask... What makes you feel that top of the line synthetic oils are not "stabil" enough or not good enough as is to warrant the use of an "oil stabilizer" or an "oil treatment" ???

Sorry, I have to ask... What makes you feel that top of the line synthetic oils are not "stabil" enough or not good enough as is to warrant the use of an "oil stabilizer" or an "oil treatment" ???
Not sure who you’re speaking to as multiple people have commented on adding a stabilizer to their oil. If you read my posts I never said you must use synthetic or you must use a stabilizer nor make a claim of what they can or can’t do. I said I’m trying this to see if there is any benefit to it and will report any positive results. With me doing the oil changes I now have the chance to try other products as I wish vs only what the dealer or oil change center sells.

The claims to using a stabilizer are as follows:
By adding a stabilizer, you help to more thoroughly coat and lubricate the engine components, extending the life of the oil. While your vehicle and oil both have recommendations about how often to change them, there is no actual way to tell exactly how much use you will get out of oil. It needs to be changed because the high temperatures and other stresses placed on the fluid in its use as a lubricant causes it to change chemically over time, and impurities also enter the oil as it ages and cycles through the engine more and more. The guidelines are meant to indicate when, on average, you can expect the viscosity to fall enough that the oil no longer protects as well as it should.

By helping to protect engine parts and stabilizing the oil with an additive to keep it from losing viscosity, you can get more out of each oil change before it’s time to go through your maintenance cycle again.

Last edited:
I notice you all use the term "every fill up". I have a 60 gallon aftermarket tank, I hardly ever let it go past 25% left for several reasons. One I have read the pump has to work harder below that, but mainly in today's environment anytime I see diesel at a lower price I will top of and I add motorcraft fuel aditive accordingly. Also I like to keep my tank as full as possible as you never know when or what may happen in the crazy world we live in.
I installed the 60 gallon tank myself as well. I always let my fuel level get down to about an 1/8 of a tank which still equates to about 10 gallons more or less. Thats plenty for the pump. I see from your avatar that youre in Texas as well but not sure if you have Kroger grocery stores in your area. I shop at Kroger and use their diesel and 4X fuel points with groceries and gift cards. They have a one time max capacity of 35 gallons and a 1.00 off per gallon for each usage. I usually get around 1800 points a month which equates to a 1.00 for the first 35 gallons and .80 cents off the remaining 15 gallons to top it off. I also add the archoil to the fuel tank prior to adding the diesel. And youre correct about the crazy world we currently live in. These liberal pieces of shit doing everything they possibly can to destory the world and our future....and it will get worse in time !! Its all fortold in the Bible and I do believe these are the last days !!

I installed the 60 gallon tank myself as well. I always let my fuel level get down to about an 1/8 of a tank which still equates to about 10 gallons more or less. Thats plenty for the pump. I see from your avatar that youre in Texas as well but not sure if you have Kroger grocery stores in your area. I shop at Kroger and use their diesel and 4X fuel points with groceries and gift cards. They have a one time max capacity of 35 gallons and a 1.00 off per gallon for each usage. I usually get around 1800 points a month which equates to a 1.00 for the first 35 gallons and .80 cents off the remaining 15 gallons to top it off. I also add the archoil to the fuel tank prior to adding the diesel. And youre correct about the crazy world we currently live in. These liberal pieces of shit doing everything they possibly can to destory the world and our future....and it will get worse in time !! Its all fortold in the Bible and I do believe these are the last days !!
sheeesh I wish. Mine reads 1/8th I am empty and almost guaranteed to put in 58-60gallons.

So AMSOIL isn’t approved huh?
Amsoil "states" it meets the requirements which Im sure it does. But no, its not on the "approved oil list". Amsoil rather charge top dollar for their products and pay all the parties involved in their multi level marketing than pay for approvals.

Amsoil "states" it meets the requirements which Im sure it does. But no, its not on the "approved oil list". Amsoil rather charge top dollar for their products and pay all the parties involved in their multi level marketing than pay for approvals.
this you have to pay to join the API certification club. Triax Fleet Supreme is the same way and plenty of UOA prove that it is a great oil

No sir. I use the 6400 every oil change as well. Only 2 I have used.
Excellent. I just bought the 6400, 6500, and 9100.

***first time diesel owner … gonna use these three in addition to adhering to maintenance requirements

This is the biggest marketing BS to fool morons. It costs virtually NOTHING to be an approved oil. In fact, Allison sued and WON against Amsoil for BS marketing.

rereading, I think youre in agreeance here.

The only thing I use in my truck now is OptiLube XPD (fuel treatment) year round. I use to use the friction modifiers when I had the problematic 6.0 but even then after a while I swapped to Triax Fleet Supreme and that helped a lot. Optilubes Friction Modifier works well also.

I will start by saying I’ve historically always had the dealership do my oil changes for the whole carfax record process for resale purposes. I plan on keeping this truck long term so I’m doing as much of the maintenance in my garage as possible.
I know this thread is kind of old, but for maintenance tracking you can log info in the Ford Pass app.

In the app, Select your vehicle > Service > Service History > Add Record

You can add service records + receipts. From what I can tell, this info can be passed along to new owners.

I know this thread is kind of old, but for maintenance tracking you can log info in the Ford Pass app.

In the app, Select your vehicle > Service > Service History > Add Record

You can add service records + receipts. From what I can tell, this info can be passed along to new owners.
This is what I am doing, right wrong or otherwise, I am just uploading the cost of the service (me doing it) and then the oil analysis from Blackstone that shows the timestamp (time/mileage) and the oil type. I purchase the filters in bulk 4-6 at a time so I upload that invoice showing they are FoMoCo from local dealer and I put ticks/scratch marks to show I used x of x.

Back