First Modification?

Road Armor Stealth Winch Bumpers front and rear with Warn winches, a Bak Flip cover and Viair 485c duty onboard air system. Will probably add some little things in the future, but those are the things I will use a lot so they go on from the start.

Ed

A good wash and wax.
New shorty antenna.
Weather tech floor mats.
Tint front windows to match rear.

I think my first one will be tinting the front windows to match the back. Then hopefully some go fast parts.....

I got my front windows tinted to match the rear. Love the look. Wondering about darkening the sun roof too.

You have a good plan 2020TremorFreud!

Ed

I got my front windows tinted to match the rear. Love the look. Wondering about darkening the sun roof too.

You have a good plan 2020TremorFreud!

Ed
Thanks Ed. I was wondering about darkening the Moon roofs also but wouldn't want to dark.

Having the front windows tinted to match the back glass, protective paint film installed over the front bumper and a Diamondback HD cover on order.

I had a sunroof on my last Ford truck and will never own a 4x4 with one again. Experienced wind noise, leaks, extreme heat, broken tracks and motors the whole time I owned it. I actually kept the interior cover slid forward most of the time to minimize wind noise and heat while driving.

For those of you with glass roofs I would suggest at least installing a ultraviolet and infrared clear film on it to minimize UV and heat transfer into the passenger compartment..

Last edited:
Having the front windows tinted to match the back glass, protective paint film installed over the front bumper and a Diamondback HD cover on order.

I had a sunroof on my last Ford truck and will never own a 4x4 with one again. Experienced wind noise, leaks, extreme heat, broken tracks and motors the whole time I owned it. I actually kept the interior cover slid forward most of the time to minimize wind noise and heat while driving.

For those of you with glass roofs I would suggest at least installing a ultraviolet and infrared clear film on it to minimize UV and heat transfer into the passenger compartment..
Yeah I have one on my 2011 F-250 FX4 and have had zero issues. Actually use it quit I bit too. I was thinking maybe some of that ceramic tint they have out now. Supposed to really keep the heat out.

The ceramic tint makes a big difference in heat transfer.

I am not saying that Ford's sunroof is a bad idea, it just didn't justify the expense for me. I use my trucks off road a lot and did not have good luck with their chunk of glass in the roof standing up to any offroad abuse.

I totally understand. Some people don't like them and I get it. And it is an expensive option.

Put this box cover on today. Looks awesome down or rolled (shows FORD from rear blue when rolled up) Great security and function.
I got the sunroof for beaches here and wildlife (love the ocean smell on the Island and hundreds of American Eagles). Don't plan hard enough wheeling to invoke extreme torsional flex..... I have my FJ for that : ).
I do know the pain of upper glass problems though. My 77 T/A 6.6 had the early production T-Roofs from Hurst industries. Oh gawd a mighty what a love hate relationship those were lol.

I
Put this box cover on today. Looks awesome down or rolled (shows FORD from rear blue when rolled up) Great security and function.
I got the sunroof for beaches here and wildlife (love the ocean smell on the Island and hundreds of American Eagles). Don't plan hard enough wheeling to invoke extreme torsional flex..... I have my FJ for that : ).
I do know the pain of upper glass problems though. My 77 T/A 6.6 had the early production T-Roofs from Hurst industries. Oh gawd a mighty what a love hate relationship those were lol.

I was on the fence on this cover. Just didn’t know if I would have full access to the bed when rolled up. Really looks good though.

Looks awesome on. Flush with the bed not raised like my last soft cover. I hual mostly acreage trees, plants, garbage so little room it takes up front is no probs. I do move my son every few years (military) but need the security for these multi hotel stay nights of the hard now. Remember it does not have to roll up........ you can if hauling bigger loads lift it straight up from cab and drape over load then ratchet strap to bumper from the ends.
Depends on needs again. Downer is it is heavier than the soft cover Upper is the security of a solid without the huge bulky tri folds or mech/elec roll into bed (hated box in the truck box idea that would be using space that is useable) options

If I’m not mistaken this ford cover is made by BAK industries, Called revolver X2 if you buy from BAK, can also get the X4 which is a matte finish, it’s the one I got and really like
It. Found it on sale at 4 Wheel parts for $975.00.
Gives full access to bed rolled up and can see out of you back window perfectly.

54D5672A-91EF-47C0-878F-8C4EC2F2B7BD.jpeg
9E93D7E1-113C-4A15-A4EF-5731F7E13FAC.jpeg

Truck isn't here yet but I've got a list going already

Builtright stubby antenna
Builtright dash mount
Builtright seat back release
Diamondback HD bed cover and crossbin
Huskyliners X-act floor liners
Tail-light tint
Tremor sticker removal
Factory winch option once available

Badging and sticker removal.
Tint front windows.
Breathing - cold air intake and exhaust.

After that I’ll likely be broke.

Sticker removal off rear quarters.
SnugTop Rebel shell w/rails for Yakima racks
Thorough wash & wax.
3M protective film on hood, maybe more.
New adjustable height hitch (2 1/2" right?) for towing boat and camper.
Weathertech or similar mats.
Ceramic tinting on front windows.
Flush mount Rigid LED backup lights cut into rear bumper and wired into upfitter switches.

If I can get all that done before summer, I'll be happy.

Back