First impressions.

Walnutz

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 7.3L Lariat sport
Picked up my 250 7.3L Tremor lariat ultimate today. Great looking truck. Been a diesel guy last 4 trucks so was excited to get the big 7.3L. first thing was to lower tires to 65 all around, may go more but felt ok. Steering does feel lose compared to my 2017 350 diesel but it had 37s and dual stabilizer. The ride is way softer and less harsh in this truck. Kids and wife noticed rite away. One complaint is the lag or delay in take off. Once going it hauls ass but seems to lag off the bat. Maybe after break in it gets responsive?? Again haven’t had a gas since my raptor 6.2L and it felt much quicker off the go. It is a big truck and I’m not used to the motor or new tranny yet but can’t wait to get an exhaust and intake to help the sound be like it should. Interior the same as my 2017 however I don’t like the grey roof (was black in 2017) but I’ll get used to it. Overall can’t wait to get some miles on it and get it outdoors. Any and all input appreciated. Cheers

Last edited:
Lots of us picking up new Tremors. We’re not aloud to be with other carbon life forms so that means lots of time with our new trucks. ?

Congrats! The lag on takeoff is the torque management program Ford uses. Check out 5 star tuning and I think they got that worked out.

Only thing I’m regretting on my build is not changing to the auto streps. Have had them on last two trucks and loved them but figured I’d go with the tremor set up and they look good but feel awkward to get into I find. Kids have a very hard time with them being as high as they are. Also the dam brake pedal is way to forward. Why did they do that? Over all love the truck and the power is awesome. Amp steps will be in the future I think...

I liked the ride, and how quiet it is inside. Lots of adjustments to make you comfortable.

The air conditioned seats are fantastic on a hot day.

Back