TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Sport Tremor
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
I picked up my Tremor yesterday and drove it the 150 mile trip home from the dealer. The new 6.7 engine is great, no lack of power anywhere. The drive train is extremely quiet during highway driving. The transmission had a few hard shifts at the beginning. I figure that is just as much me learning how the truck likes to be driven as to the truck learning how I drive. I averaged just under 17mpg on the trip. This engine and transmission combination definitely require one to monitor the speedometer continously or set the cruise control. The truck drove so smooth and quiet on the highway that every time I looked down it was somewhere between 70-75 mph. Comfort wise it met my expectations. Keep in mind it is a F350, so the ride is solid. I imagine it will smooth out a bit once any weight is added to the rear.

I saw no fit and finish issues on the truck. The LED headlights on the Lariat Sport are awesome. They are extremely clear and bright at night. The LED headlights were actually the only reason I waited to get a 2020 Lariat Sport. The fact that Ford blacked them out is a big added bonus. I like the contrast of the blacked out Lariat Sport grill and accents on the truck with the Star White metallic paint. The black leather seats are extremely comfortable. It took me about 5 miles to figure out how to turn off the heated steering wheel. Lots of bells and whistles compared to my 2008 F250. The next great feat will be programming the garage door opener LOL.

I really like the tremor off road running boards. I find them a comfortable height getting in and out of the truck and they provide plenty of traction. I chose not to get the power running boards because I live off road. Everyone that I know that has them out here have had issues with them sticking when they get dirty or cold. I was also pleasantly surprised how much more I liked the Ford optional all weather floor mats over the Weathertech ones I had in my last truck. They are made of rubber not plastic, are not slick when wet and have a much cleaner appearance to me. If you are interested in floor mats, check out the Ford all weather versions. So far the best $135 I have spent on this truck.

If you have the time I would advise anyone spending this much on a vehicle to do their homework and order it from the factory exactly the way they want it. I ordered everything on this truck from the factory that I wanted. No settling for something sitting on a lot that a dealer ordered. It may have taken a little longer, but I have exactly the truck I wanted.

I hope you all enjoy your trucks as much I am enjoying mine. Well worth the wait.

Tremor Front Gate.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking truck. I feel the same about the headlights, they really are that awesome!

Congrats!! Great write up and awesome photo. I'm starting to shy away from the Iconic Silver and lean towards the Star White. Not to mention there is a Star White 6.7 sitting on a dealer lot about 3 hours away. ?

Congrats!! Great write up and awesome photo. I'm starting to shy away from the Iconic Silver and lean towards the Star White. Not to mention there is a Star White 6.7 sitting on a dealer lot about 3 hours away. ?

Before I decided on Magnetic, Iconic Silver and Star White were the only two other choices I was considering. Either one of them are really really good looking when combined with the sport package

3 hours away! Go get it, you won't be sorry!

Last edited:
Good looking truck. I feel the same about the headlights, they really are that awesome!

I thought I was being a bit dramatic when I was ranting to my friends that the best part is the headlights! Maybe I am not crazy?!

Ed

Before I decided on Magnetic, Iconic Silver and Star White were the only two other choices I was considering. Either one of them are really really good looking when combined with the sport package

3 hours away! Go get it, you won't be sorry!

Magnetic is still in the running and there is one of these on the lot as well. The RAM I'll be trading in is a dark grey and I thought it might be time for a change. The problem is the Tremor looks really good in several colors making it a tough choice!.

Magnetic is still in the running and there is one of these on the lot as well. The RAM I'll be trading in is a dark grey and I thought it might be time for a change. The problem is the Tremor looks really good in several colors making it a tough choice!.

My last two truck were white so I know what you mean.

I’ll throw out another first impression here. Does anyone else find that the wireless phone charging pad poorly designed? It should be an easy place to drop your phone onto but I fumble trying to get it in there.

Anyone else find it hard to use?

And no USB ports in the console but they put the grooves to run cords out of it? Really? I know there is a power point there but really? No usb?

Most everything else I really like.

I’ll throw out another first impression here. Does anyone else find that the wireless phone charging pad poorly designed? It should be an easy place to drop your phone onto but I fumble trying to get it in there.

And no USB ports in the console but they put the grooves to run cords out of it? Really? I know there is a power point there but really? No usb?

Most everything else I really like.

Not poorly designed poorly placed is how I would phrase it as it is a bit cumbersome to get it in/out of that cubby hole but i like the feature

I have also found it cumbersome to put my larger format phone on the charging pad. Not an issue when I head out on the highway, but too much hassle for in and outs around town.

Ed

Does sync 3 have Apple car play integrated into it? Also how does the charging pad charge? Does it charge right away when you put the phone on it? Does the phone have to be a certain way? Can it be upside down? Does it have to be on its back?
My thoughts on the positioning is that ford doesn’t want the drivers using their phone while driving so they make it difficult to take it in and out.

Opening just seems a bit small for larger phones. It doesn’t matter the orientation other than it has to be on its back. It’ll charge through some cases as well.

I have an IPhone 8 that fits on the charger pad just fine. I could see where the larger framed phones would not be an easy fit. My only issue is more that I keep forgetting my damn phone on the charging pad. Surprised they didn’t program the double chime or horn honk for that too.

I ordered the console safe for security purposes. It seemed my last truck just gathered stuff in the console like that one drawer in the kitchen does. So I have no complaints there either. I hate to knit pick Ford, like I told my wife “It’s a Truck”.

Opening just seems a bit small for larger phones. It doesn’t matter the orientation other than it has to be on its back. It’ll charge through some cases as well.
My Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in an Otterbox just fits, and does charge through the case.

Ed

Yes it is. Apple and Android. I use Alexa a lot too. :cool:

I was surprised by how high this truck sits. Thank you power running boards! Our 75lb shepherd looks like a chihuahua next to this beast...

Attachments

• 864C1FF3-BCCA-4B5E-A96A-1AE057019E00.jpeg
    864C1FF3-BCCA-4B5E-A96A-1AE057019E00.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 134
Yep love my power running boards too truck is def a beast

I was surprised by how high this truck sits. Thank you power running boards! Our 75lb shepherd looks like a chihuahua next to this beast...

LOL, pictures do not do either one justice.
I found a Tremor sitting by itself out on the dealer lot, in that context, it was pretty damn big, pretty tall, but the one in line with 20 other Super Dutys, it didn't stand out.

Finally, somebody who doesn't have a "120 lb shepherd" ..... so tired of hearing that every time I take ours out. (75-80 pounds max.)

Back