Firewall pass through wires locations

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I am trying to locate the pass through wires on the 2020 model under the hood and in the cab, and googling only shows me 2019 and earlier. It doesn't appear to be the same layout as far as I can tell. Does anyone know where the 4 pass through wires are on the 2020's (and if they even exist as I can't find mention of it in the manual)?

Ed

OP
Rock Taxi

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Still can't see them in the engine bay....
PassThroughLocations.PNG
PassThroughLocations.PNG

Kopfjaeger

Tremor Newbie
Current Ride
2020 f250 Tremor
I’ve looked quite a bit in mine as well, found the upfitter switches just fine, but not the pass-thru. I’ve looked where it says in the layout book, but my only guess is that the wires are taped in the bundle going into the ECM. If I get brave and pull it all apart and find them I’ll take a picture.

OP
Rock Taxi

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Has anyone found the pass-through wires yet (both under the hood and behind the kick panel)? I really need one upfitter switch to come back into the cab to power the in-cab winch controller I am building. I just hate poking new holes in stuff on the firewall when Ford supposedly did me a solid and gave me wires.

Ed

Kopfjaeger

Tremor Newbie
Current Ride
2020 f250 Tremor
Behind the kick plate just to the left of the green tag in the attached picture you will see the bundle.

It’s a terrible design, you have about 2-3 inches of wire to work with in the top corner. I have looked everywhere under the hood, I know they must be wrapped up in a bundle of wires somewhere, but I don’t want to blindly unwrap all of them.

Has anyone found the pass-through wires yet (both under the hood and behind the kick panel)? I really need one upfitter switch to come back into the cab to power the in-cab winch controller I am building. I just hate poking new holes in stuff on the firewall when Ford supposedly did me a solid and gave me wires.

Ed
C28DF9D0-3A99-45AC-8E11-9E4AE9352103.jpeg

davidb1841

Founding Member
Miltary
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
I am trying to locate the pass through wires on the 2020 model under the hood and in the cab, and googling only shows me 2019 and earlier. It doesn't appear to be the same layout as far as I can tell. Does anyone know where the 4 pass through wires are on the 2020's (and if they even exist as I can't find mention of it in the manual)?

Ed
I heard they are almost impossible to use cause they are so short. also there is a hole on the flat part of the passenger foot well-- where there right foot big toe might be-- with a rubber gromet......very easy way to connect cab and engine bay. (driver side also)

Iron Man

Founding Member
Current Ride
Jaguar F Pace SVR
Current Ride #2
Future Owner Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor F350

Ed
I sent out a question earlier to you about the difference between a 250 Tremor and a 350 Tremor with towing, and 5th wheeling capacity, and i guess also payload. If it was just a sticker in the door jam thats the only difference and absolutely nothing else.
I only asked you because I was under the impression you along with a couple of other Members of this site were very Knowledgable of trucks and were so helpful with a green Super Duty future owner like myself.
If you can also add some insight add greatly appreiate it Rock Taxi.
You are as far as I know a go ask dude on my list of getting the best answer possible. Thanks, Don (aka) Iron Man

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge