JDP

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Retired Army
Current Ride
2021 F250 Platinum Tremor
I'm in Southwest Texas for a week (Big Bend Nat. Park). While Driving near Terlingua, TX, I came across a welding trailer on fire after they started a grass fire under their trailer. My first grab was the traditional extinguisher in the bed of the truck which eliminated the majority of the flames and got the fire under control. However, because of hot spots in the wood, grease and oil in the wood, and the limited spray time of the extinguisher, some flames were reappearing. I then grabbed the Element Extinguisher I also keep in the bed and was able to put out those flames and keep the fire from spreading and reappearing. I do not think the Element should be the first choice for fires, but it proved to be an effective measure to keep recurring flames under control and ultimately eliminate the hot spots in the wood thus saving the trailer and several thousand dollars in welding equipment. I say this because I understand the controversy over the two different extinguishers but also I doubt many will carry more than one 5-10lb traditional extinguisers in their truck. Your experiences may vary.

The owner of the welding truck and trailer were more than appreciative and invited us to his overlook property to see the sunsets from a better vantage point than we could see from the campground.

Back