Fender Flares

stp07030

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 f350 Lariat Tremor
All, I am replacing the stock tires and wheels with the methods and 35x12.5x18 nittos when truck arrives (same set up as mountain mans pics below). I am thinkin about adding the bushwacker fender flares (see pic from their website). Any thoughts if this is a good look and might prevent some rock chips or if I should skip the fender flares? My truck will be star white with lariat blackout so I would get the matte black flares. Thanks

Attachments

• nittos with method NV1.jpeg
    nittos with method NV1.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 523
  • nittos with method NV2.jpeg
    nittos with method NV2.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 423
  • nittos with method NV3.jpeg
    nittos with method NV3.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 469
  • flares.jpg
    flares.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 467
I like the idea of FIberglass fenders with flares built in. Like the Raptor does it:

I like the idea of FIberglass fenders with flares built in. Like the Raptor does it:

Thanks...will take a look

That's my truck you posted pics of and my thoughts are if you go with the fender flares you need less offset than what I have. My +18 offset works well in stock form but would look too narrow with the flares. You should do your own math but I'm thinking 0 offset to some amount of + offset. (EDIT: I meant 0 to some amount of - offset, not positive)

Last edited:

The white is a different color even if it’s the same paint color. I myself don’t like aftermarket flares. Looks cheap imo.
12C20A11-9972-466A-B4B7-1F409B8ABEC5.jpeg
22A90166-C5D8-4D05-8722-883E374E9E9C.jpeg

That's my truck you posted pics of and my thoughts are if you go with the fender flares you need less offset than what I have. My +18 offset works well in stock form but would look too narrow with the flares. You should do your own math but I'm thinking 0 offset to some amount of + offset.
roger that thanks

SpruceWillis2020 over on the FTE forum posted a picture a while back of a Lariat blackout package with black OEM bushwacker style flares and I really think it is a nice compliment to the sport ("blackout" for 2021) package. Check out this his picture:
1601550902685.png

I have the Bushwhacker flares on my 2019 with 35X12.5 BFGs and they're great as long as you space the wheels out so the flares are "filled up." Without the spacers the truck looks like a body builder with bird legs.

MB

Last edited:
All, I am replacing the stock tires and wheels with the methods and 35x12.5x18 nittos when truck arrives (same set up as mountain mans pics below). I am thinkin about adding the bushwacker fender flares (see pic from their website). Any thoughts if this is a good look and might prevent some rock chips or if I should skip the fender flares? My truck will be star white with lariat blackout so I would get the matte black flares. Thanks
What is the perfect offset for new wheels while keeping the same stock Tremor tires to fill up newly installed bushwhackers? Thanks. Tim

Latest Discussions

Back