Fat Tire Ebike rack

salisburysteak12

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 6.7 Tremor
So anyone have experience with fat tire ebikes? Just got the wife and myself some RadRover Ebikes and I want to get a bike rack for the back of the truck. I cant decide if I want an in bed one or above bed rack. My concern with the above bed rack is the weight of the bikes. and getting them mounted and secured. So anyone with some advice and what kind of rack to look at would be appreciated.
Link to bike if anyone is interested

1Up makes a pretty beefy rack for larger and heavier e-Bikes (I have e-MTB). I believe they can accommodate up to 100lbs.) Their website mostly shows the trailer hitch models (which are solid), but you can buy the rack itself (without the trailer hitch component) and install it across load bars/rails or racks. That's my plan... install a 1Up on the outside of each side of an UpTop bed rack, which is mounted on a Diamondback cover. If buying for the trailer hitch, I would also look at Kuat.

1Up makes a pretty beefy rack for larger and heavier e-Bikes (I have e-MTB). I believe they can accommodate up to 100lbs.) Their website mostly shows the trailer hitch models (which are solid), but you can buy the rack itself (without the trailer hitch component) and install it across load bars/rails or racks. That's my plan... install a 1Up on the outside of each side of an UpTop bed rack, which is mounted on a Diamondback cover. If buying for the trailer hitch, I would also look at Kuat.
One up is a pretty expensive rack ($1000). Depending on your strength and interest in lifting the bike, you may just look at a dirt bike rack. They make tandem racks for under $300.

One up is a pretty expensive rack ($1000). Depending on your strength and interest in lifting the bike, you may just look at a dirt bike rack. They make tandem racks for under $300.
The rack I mentioned, which is the 1Up roof rack (intended for mounting on a rack), is $249. To correct my previous post, it supports up to 75 lbs. if you want a rack mounted in your hitch, they range from $349 to $749.

I have this one for a rad city fat tire bike.

80C14D92-4356-4F7D-94E9-769074D2920A.png

Yea I might look at a dirt bike rack. I'm leaning more toward an above bed rack though cuz I want to eventually get a tonneau cover.

I have this one for a rad city fat tire bike.

View attachment 34519
I need something not in the hitch. I want to be able to carry them while towing my TT camper

Back