Falken Wildpeak RT01

@1FORDy3rd - I'm considering a set of the Falken Wildpeak R/T's and am curious how you still feel about them now after several months under the truck? I would likely stick with the stock size 285/75 R18. Wear? Noise? Wet/Snow handling?​

@1FORDy3rd - I'm considering a set of the Falken Wildpeak R/T's and am curious how you still feel about them now after several months under the truck? I would likely stick with the stock size 285/75 R18. Wear? Noise? Wet/Snow handling?​

I love the tire. With the 3ply sidewall they do feel a bit stiff so I keep the psi low when not towing. As for noise they’re similar to the duratracs. Traction is good on and off road including mud. Haven’t had any snow time yet but I’m sure that’ll happen this winter.

I love the tire. With the 3ply sidewall they do feel a bit stiff so I keep the psi low when not towing. As for noise they’re similar to the duratracs. Traction is good on and off road including mud. Haven’t had any snow time yet but I’m sure that’ll happen this winter.

How do they do in the rain? I know the odds of you having much rain experience with them this year here in Texas is slim haha. How much of impact did they have on fuel economy?

How do they do in the rain? I know the odds of you having much rain experience with them this year here in Texas is slim haha. How much of impact did they have on fuel economy?
Despite our drought conditions I managed a few stormy day drives. Most significant was across southern Arkansas early summer with storms and tornadoes. Dodging trees across the road in blinding rain type. They work phenomenally well. The 37x13.5 I’m running has 20/32 tread depth which is generally close to what you see on an MT. So they channel the water really well.

As for mileage, if I’m unloaded driving speed limits, it actually got a little better due to backing out a bit of the 4.30 gearing. About 1.5mpg better. However, if I’m towing my 22’ equipment trailer and 60hp tractor it’s about 2mpg worse. I only tow this about 5x per year so I’m ok with it.

I find myself very torn between these and the Toyo RT Trail.
I don’t think you’d go wrong with either. The few reasons I went with the Falken were the 13.5 wide offering, deeper lugs, and the Toyo RT Trail was just coming out and I couldn’t find any 37’s even available.

FWIW, off road I’ve had them in red Mississippi mud, west Tx rocks, cactus, mesquite and haven’t found a reason to complain!

I find myself very torn between these and the Toyo RT Trail.

These two, and the BFG HD Terrains are what I'm trying to decide between in stock size. Though, after seeing yours @1FORDy3rd I might be convinced to go 37s with leveling kit and 0.5" spacer haha. But, it's already hard enough for my 5yo to get in the truck, much less with another inch or two lol. The more I see these Wildpeak RTs the more I want to try them over the other two I'm looking at.

I'm not gonna lie. the Wildpeak RT 01 HD's are one of the best looking tires on the market. But after really thinking it through I had to go with the Toyo's simply due to track record with the brand. They go on later this week so I look forward to seeing the finished product.

I just got a set of the wildpeak RTs on my stock tremor. 37x12.50r18. Did a tiny bit of trimming. And they look and drive great. I have a couple hundred miles on them. They rub a little bit at full lock.
Completely stock and no spacers?

Completely stock and no spacers?
I’m betting no since he said they rub at little at full lock. Mine rubbed pretty good being 13.5 wide but none at all after the .5” spacer.

These two, and the BFG HD Terrains are what I'm trying to decide between in stock size. Though, after seeing yours @1FORDy3rd I might be convinced to go 37s with leveling kit and 0.5" spacer haha. But, it's already hard enough for my 5yo to get in the truck, much less with another inch or two lol. The more I see these Wildpeak RTs the more I want to try them over the other two I'm looking at.
Ah that just builds character. My 5yr olds barely taller than my 37's. No running boards either.
Snapchat-487540976.jpg

I have a set of falken wildpeak rt hd 01 on my work vehicle (f150 police responder). They are about as loud as a new set of duratrac’s (which we usually get). So far they are comparable on the road to a new duratrac and perform great, but not as great as the at3w in wet roads. They appear to be a very tough tire with a thick hd sidewall. They are not as smooth on the road as an at3w and I’m guessing not as good on snow packed roads as they do not have a ton of sipes. If you are wanting a very tough tire which will perform off-road like a mud tire but handle better on the road, consider them.

The biggest drawback to the Wildpeak RT o1 HD's is their weight.

I have a set of falken wildpeak rt hd 01 on my work vehicle (f150 police responder). They are about as loud as a new set of duratrac’s (which we usually get). So far they are comparable on the road to a new duratrac and perform great, but not as great as the at3w in wet roads. They appear to be a very tough tire with a thick hd sidewall. They are not as smooth on the road as an at3w and I’m guessing not as good on snow packed roads as they do not have a ton of sipes. If you are wanting a very tough tire which will perform off-road like a mud tire but handle better on the road, consider them.

Great feedback. How many miles so far, and how are they wearing? I imagine they rotate them frequently, which obviously helps.

Well... I took a shot with the Falken Wildpeak RT01's (stock size), so we'll see how I feel about my decision 30,000+ miles from now.

Initial impression driving home last night was "holy hell are they quiet"... granted, I was comparing them to the very worn (and thus extremely loud) Duratracs that I dropped it off with, but these are legitimately quiet. I'll be curious to see how that holds up as they wear.

Otherwise, the ride seemed great. I recall the Duratracs wanting to "wander" all over the road for the first couple thousand miles, and these do not... at all. That said, they are visually less aggressive than I expected. I wasn't able to find them in stock anywhere, so I had the shop order them, and was basing my choice solely from internet pictures and reviews. Not disappointed, I just expected the "tread" on the sidewalls to stand out a bit more.

20231107_174046.jpg

Well... I took a shot with the Falken Wildpeak RT01's (stock size), so we'll see how I feel about my decision 30,000+ miles from now.

Initial impression driving home last night was "holy hell are they quiet"... granted, I was comparing them to the very worn (and thus extremely loud) Duratracs that I dropped it off with, but these are legitimately quiet. I'll be curious to see how that holds up as they wear.

Otherwise, the ride seemed great. I recall the Duratracs wanting to "wander" all over the road for the first couple thousand miles, and these do not... at all. That said, they are visually less aggressive than I expected. I wasn't able to find them in stock anywhere, so I had the shop order them, and was basing my choice solely from internet pictures and reviews. Not disappointed, I just expected the "tread" on the sidewalls to stand out a bit more.

View attachment 134500

I guess the sidewall aggressiveness is relative to the wheel/tire size. Here they are in a 37x13.50R18 on a 18x9 wheel and I think they look pretty aggressive, especially for what they consider to be a hybrid.

Attachments

• IMG_1945.jpeg
    IMG_1945.jpeg
    854.4 KB · Views: 128
Yeah... I didn't mean that they don't look aggressive, just a bit less than I originally envisioned. Not disappointed with the look, just something that drew my attention when I first saw them on my truck.

20231107_174054.jpg

Yeah... I didn't mean that they don't look aggressive, just a bit less than I originally envisioned. Not disappointed with the look, just something that drew my attention when I first saw them on my truck.

View attachment 134505

I get it, I was a little underwhelmed with the Toyo RT Trails when I first saw them but I’m loving them now that I have them on my truck. There’s a fine balance between the looks and actually living with an aggressive tire for the sake of looks alone.

Back