Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-250 Lariat Ultimate Tremor 7.3 Godzilla
Current Ride #2
2020 Kubota MX5800
First Responder
Retired Law Enforcement
Stopping 2021 orders early???

That seems mighty early to make that decision, but who knows. Gonna make the prices go sky high with such low inventory.

Just got off the phone with the dealer who I was going to order through. Said that they usually have their standard allocation, then special orders on top of that. Ford just told them that effective immediately all Super Duty special orders will be counted as part of their allocation, and they cannot order more than their allocation.

Just got off the phone with the dealer who I was going to order through. Said that they usually have their standard allocation, then special orders on top of that. Ford just told them that effective immediately all Super Duty special orders will be counted as part of their allocation, and they cannot order more than their allocation.

Special Orders ALWAYS count towards allocation.

Allocation is the TOTAL number of available vehicles to that dealer regardless of for stock or order.

That guy sounds less than forthcoming.

Personally I'd move on and find another dealership to deal with.

Talked to my dealer earlier today. Waiting on my order to get picked up and he confirmed he definitely had allocation. Said he’ll know more next week.

I was told this also by a manager in the dealership that I’m dealing with. He said they won’t take anymore Tremor builds till July and I believe it’s for 2022s. This manager wants a Tremor but is having a hard time having his allocated. He said he’s calling the Ford rep and if he gets his pulled it he won’t get it till August. I don’t know if this is true but that’s what he was telling me. I think I wrote about it on the
2021 orders When? Thread.
Good luck every one. If this is true it will make the Tremors on the lots more scarce and probably non negotiable. Imagine they do what they did with Raptors where they mark up the price 10k $ above MSRP.

Explains Why my dealer still has a black beauty 7.3 Ultimate Lariat in the lot with premium price.

Ha! A month ago I was at my dealer for a F150 part and they had a Raptor with a $15K 'market adjustment'! The same as the Snake they have.

I’m sure it’s chaos at Ford trying to get the Broncos built plus the new F150s

So worst-ish case is someone ordered a Super Duty today would expect delivery by mid-May. There are worse outliers, but say a 95th percentile of crappy outcomes with respect to wait times - last year's covid delays notwithstanding.

They don't start building next model year until October/November, right? So what exactly are all the employees at the Super Duty plant in Kentucky going to do for six months? Ford going to retool the entire place to build something else? Yeah... no.

All I am saying is that I think there is dookie spilling forth from certain sales boobs/goons out in the wild, and some buyers are maybe just a little too gullible and need to adjust their BS detectors. If the mouth of someone in sales is moving, generally they're lying.

Also could be dealership BS - trying to sell you any SD that they have on the floor right now - sounds like a new dealer in your future. :)

• 02/18/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/11/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 03/25/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 05/30/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 06/24/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

• 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/22/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  • TBD - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 06/01/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/12/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)
I believe model years changes typically occur over the July 4th holiday. Looks like the COVID shutdown time Is being carved out of the 2021MY. They could also be padding dates anticipating additional COVID issues.

Last edited:
Drove by Bickford Ford in Snohomish and the lot was littered with Tremors!

It did not occur to me that the late start for the 2021 build and the "hopefully" normal timing for the start of the 2022 builds means that there will be relatively few 2021s...

Ordered my on December 3 ish. Had a VIN later but nothing new on the order tracker. I am hoping mine will move to the next step within a week, but if there are supply chain issues, who knows what will happen!

"Drove by Bickford Ford in Snohomish and the lot was littered with Tremors!"

In podunk Snohomish? WTF?

I talked to a dealership yesterday about a 2021 F-350 Platinum Tremor order. He said they will stop taking 2021 orders on 1/22. My main concern with a 2021 is Ford updating the interior for the 2022 model.

My main concern with a 2021 is Ford updating the interior for the 2022 model.

That doesn't make sense from any perspective, least of all a business perspective. The current Super Duty is nearing the end of its life cycle. End of life cycle is not a point at which manufacturers introduce new interiors.

According to Automotive News, an industry trade publication (not a clickbait site like FordTips, FordRedesign, 2021Trucks, and the like), MY23 is the redesign:

I agree. I'll roll the dice and order my '21 today. Already have price and trade-in value agreed upon.

Back