Factory wheel but upgraded tires?

TennTremor21

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Star White Tremor 7.3
Has anybody kept the factory wheels but upgraded tires to some type of 35/12.50? Seems like I can‘t find pics anywhere of guys getting rid of those factory tires but keeping the factory wheels. Any pics would be very much appreciated. I’m leaning towards the toyo MT.

They say that 35/12.5 won’t run on a 8 inch rim. Liability stuff. Needs to be 8.5 at least.

They say that 35/12.5 won’t run on a 8 inch rim. Liability stuff. Needs to be 8.5 at least.

That's bullshit too but I guess for Liability stuff as everyone these days are sue happy.

I've been running some 37/12.50/20's on mine since it was new almost with no issue's..

Attachments

• IMG_5186.JPG
    IMG_5186.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 109
That's bullshit too but I guess for Liability stuff as everyone these days are sue happy.

I've been running some 37/12.50/20's on mine since it was new almost with no issue's..
What size wheel? Who put the tires on?

What size wheel? Who put the tires on?

Stock lariat rim's.. Put 37's on the last few Ford's with factory rims with no issues

Same here. Discount won't mount a 12.5 in wide tire on an 8 in wide wheel either

My local home town tire place said they had done it several times on heavy duty trucks. I will see when the truck comes in. I haven't found anybody yet who has kept the factory wheels but changed tires. I like the looks of the standard wheels.

Why not just get a new wheel and tire package. The factory wheels are too narrow. Keep them for winter snow tires.

This tremor owner did 37's on the factory wheels. This may help some other owners.

It can be done, but it is not recommended.

Back