Factory Tremor Shock Life

What's the part number by a chance if you remember?

Last edited:
Both of my rear shocks were leaking at less than 15K miles. I'm pretty old and have owned and driven (for a living) literally dozens of off road vehicles. I do not remember ever having leaking shocks at that mileage. I replaced all 4 with Bilsteins. All 4 shocks were still charged and damping fine. I discharged and drained them. The oil is very thin, probably 5W or maybe thinner.

I have had several sets of Bilsteins, some with well over 100K miles and never had one leak.

Tom Skerritt has a Tremor????

on my 2nd warranty set now at 18k miles see how long these ones last. then its FOX 2.0 for me. Main reason I go with fox is because I like how they ride Vs. the 5100 and the Fox 2.0 are rebuildable, the Billstein 5100 is not.
i thought the same when I bought the foxes for my truck but the rebuild price was literally a couple dollars less then buying new ones. So money saving I won’t go to fox anymore.

What’s the part numbers for the bilstein 5100s for the front and rear for the 2022 f250 tremor? Thanks.

i thought the same when I bought the foxes for my truck but the rebuild price was literally a couple dollars less then buying new ones. So money saving I won’t go to fox anymore.
I haven’t had to rebuild mine yet but it is probably a case of it’s only worth it if you buy Fox adjustables. Non-adjustable shocks are so inexpensive they are disposable.

I was concerned that my shocks would not survive my last outback trip given the problems some have had. Those outback roads are both long and poor quality, and a big test of a shock absorber. That’s on top of last years trip on lousy outback roads as well. So given how well they are doing, I have no plans on replacing them.

Fronts 24-274951 Qty: 2
Rears 24-274968 Qty: 2 and
Steering Stabilizer 24-286558 Qty: 1
Will these PN also fit the 2021 F350 Tremor?

Back