Factory Start Up

Gambler72

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Rumor has it... Ford factories will restart on 5/18. When it comes to building Tremors do you think they will start with custom orders or pump out the “regular” production?

i'd bet custom. before people can back out of those orders.

sadly, there will plenty that need to. New Tremor vs. food on the table, and, roof over the heads? yeah.

I doubt the factory can just flip a switch and get everything rolling, It could be days, weeks or months to get back to normal. I would hope a week or so and they are back at it but I don't think anybody really knows. There are supply chains and inventory. Lots of possible hang ups.

"Patiently" waiting for mine to be built and just heard from my rep today. According to his sources they expect the KTP to up to 100% in 2-3 weeks. All Ford Super Duty production has been extended for 2 months due to the shutdown - not completely sure what that means. However, I did see an article this past weekend that stated the KTP is due to shutdown for retooling on June 29th. Guess we'll see.

"Patiently" waiting for mine to be built and just heard from my rep today. According to his sources they expect the KTP to up to 100% in 2-3 weeks. All Ford Super Duty production has been extended for 2 months due to the shutdown - not completely sure what that means. However, I did see an article this past weekend that stated the KTP is due to shutdown for retooling on June 29th. Guess we'll see.
Sounds like they are going to extend the "building process" to complete the orders before they retool . That is good news
I think 2-3 weeks to get the plant up and going is pretty good considering what is involved with the plant.

I believe that is what is meant by retooling.

With everything being shut down for so long, I was thinking of waiting for the 2021 orders to open up before placing mine, but I wonder if that 2020MY extension is going to push out 2021MY orders by 2 months too...

My truck shows production of yesterday and now waiting shipping. Est of 44 days to dealer. Hope everything was working correctly after being closed since mid March lol

My truck shows production of yesterday and now waiting shipping. Est of 44 days to dealer. Hope everything was working correctly after being closed since mid March lol
When did you place your order?

My truck was built May 19. Second day after plants opened. It must have been sitting there 90% done since the shut down in March. Worried it will have issues. Ordered September and changed color December.

My truck was built May 19. Second day after plants opened. It must have been sitting there 90% done since the shut down in March. Worried it will have issues. Ordered September and changed color December.
Nice!

Hello, did you have the dealer check on the status for you? I was going to look and see where my is but all the websites I pulled up are now down.

Hello, did you have the dealer check on the status for you? I was going to look and see where my is but all the websites I pulled up are now down.
I’ve been tracking with Ford and alumizila, seems one of them always working but rarely both.

I heard some unsettling news which may be nothing more than rumor...A dealership employee said that I got the truck just in time as prices will be soon going up due to supply/demand issues. Any truth to this statement or nothing more than speculation?

I heard some unsettling news which may be nothing more than rumor...A dealership employee said that I got the truck just in time as prices will be soon going up due to supply/demand issues. Any truth to this statement or nothing more than speculation?

Sounds like salesman talk to me.

Sounds like salesman talk to me.

Probably the dealers think they can get better than MSRP for it, and Ford isn't planning on changing the price. For example, Raptors and TRD Pros (both 4Runner and Tacoma) routinely sell for $5-15k over MSRP out here.

Back