Factory Nav After Purchase?

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
Can you order oem nav after purchase? One of the trucks I’m looking at does not have nav. What would it take to add oem nav?

Would an aftermarket babe keep everything else in sync 3 the same? I would not want to lose sync 3 by going aftermarket.

Thanks.

I didn't order it in mine due to keeping the cost down.

I later found out that while my phone is plugged in I can use Google maps from my phone and it will show up in the screen.

No need to update the Navigation from time to time and I'm already used to the display.

But if you must have the OEM Navigation, I seen a video online somewhere that showed you step by step how to add it.

I don’t want to plug my phone in each time. Cell phone only works will data signal. Off road or while camping one is most likely not to have a signal.

The video I saw said factory but it was an aftermarket advertisement. I still have no clue if it effects rest of sync 3.

Thanks

I don’t want to plug my phone in each time. Cell phone only works will data signal. Off road or while camping one is most likely not to have a signal.

The video I saw said factory but it was an aftermarket advertisement. I still have no clue if it effects rest of sync 3.

Thanks

There are apps that will work solely off the phone's GPS receiver. I use OsmAnd for dual sport riding where there is no signal. I haven't connected my phone to the truck yet, other than with the Ford Pass app, but it would be great if I could use OsmAnd through the truck!

There are apps that will work solely off the phone's GPS receiver. I use OsmAnd for dual sport riding where there is no signal. I haven't connected my phone to the truck yet, other than with the Ford Pass app, but it would be great if I could use OsmAnd through the truck!
Interesting. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing more. Though...

I did order one with nav:)

Can you order oem nav after purchase? One of the trucks I’m looking at does not have nav. What would it take to add oem nav?

Would an aftermarket babe keep everything else in sync 3 the same? I would not want to lose sync 3 by going aftermarket.

Thanks.

Check out Phoenix Automotive or Linkswell. Android type device that doubles as a larger screen for sync systems. You retain all your factory sync functions but have the ability to add apps on the android device. Ie nav etc etc

Contact 4dtech to see if they are working on a 2020 kit.

Latest Discussions

Back