2020Tremor

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor
Current Ride #2
1989 Bronco II
This has come up a few times that the F350 gets a extra crossmember over the F250. Not including the 5th/goose prep and rear reciver I have 9 crossmembers front to back on the frame of my 7.3L F350. What does everyone else have for a count on theirs?
Starting at the front one bolt on member above the track bar, one where the motor mounts, one bolt on that supports trans/transfercasse, one bolt on above slip yoke out of transfer case , one near front of gas tank, one near back of cab, one near back of gas tank, one near front of spare tire, last one near rear of spare tire.

Since I wanted to double check my trans pan for leaks again I went out to check lol. I have a 7.3 F250 without 5th wheel prep and count 9 crossmembers as you describe.

So the chassis is the same, the springs are the same, the axle is the same, that just leaves the 4 inch rear block as apparently being different, whatever that is.

So the chassis is the same, the springs are the same, the axle is the same, that just leaves the 4 inch rear block as apparently being different, whatever that is.
My F350 blocks are only about 3.25”

Dudes....I found the Difference! There is the number 250 on my fender badge and the number 350 on you fender badge...............Sorry: It is my U.S. Air Force Professional Military Education (I am a SmartAss)

Since I wanted to double check my trans pan for leaks again I went out to check lol. I have a 7.3 F250 without 5th wheel prep and count 9 crossmembers as you describe.
so if you have 5th wheel prep on a 250 does that mean it has 10 crossmembers and the 350 9 ???? (Ut oh)

so if you have 5th wheel prep on a 250 does that mean it has 10 crossmembers and the 350 9 ???? (Ut oh)
I have the 5Th prep as well just didn’t count it since it is option not all have. It is looking like other than the badge on the side and a different payload sticker they are pretty much the same.

Sooooo now we've even counted the cross members....guess thats it......(Same damn truck)

It is really pretty amazing actually......so us 250 guys got us a 350!! on the cheap!!

Thank you for that ......so I didn't have to drag my 62 year old fat ass under the truck tomorrow!

geez I have to rotate my tire now I will probably have to count them

But what are these blocks?
There is a block in the rear between the spring perch and spring. Also has contact pint for rear bump stop.
EAA0B54E-5D50-452A-B047-BAC634FC5975.jpeg

I was actually under there making wiring plans/measurements for some aux lights and possibly winch wiring. After reading the difference posts and the cross member rumors figured why not count them while under there.

Sooooo now we've even counted the cross members....guess thats it......(Same damn truck)

It is really pretty amazing actually......so us 250 guys got us a 350!! on the cheap!!
that's one way to look at it. But to me that sticker is still super valuable from an insurance/risk mitigation standpoint if you're hauling a heavy rig and get in a wreck. Can't imagine the hell that would befall someone for getting in a big wreck where someone got hurt or killed when you're well over your gvwr.

Reactions: ccw
Back