F350 Tremor Vs FX4 F350

HammeredSquirrel

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F-150
My brother has a 2017 F350 obviously non Tremor and he’s wondering what the differences (suspension wise) there are between the FX4 and the Tremor. Is it really just a 2” lift/level? Shocks and spring different? Thanks in advance.

My brother has a 2017 F350 obviously non Tremor and he’s wondering what the differences (suspension wise) there are between the FX4 and the Tremor. Is it really just a 2” lift/level? Shocks and spring different? Thanks in advance.
It’s a lift, not a level. Rake is retained.

My understanding is the front springs are the same as from the pre-2020MY trucks, which sat 2 inches higher from the factory. Rear springs are the same with a bigger block.

Shocks are technically larger volume than normal, but from everything I’ve read/seen they ride very similarly to the non-Tremor shocks. They might have slightly more resistance to fade.

It’s a lift, not a level. Rake is retained.

My understanding is the front springs are the same as from the pre-2020MY trucks, which sat 2 inches higher from the factory. Rear springs are the same with a bigger block.

Shocks are technically larger volume than normal, but from everything I’ve read/seen they ride very similarly to the non-Tremor shocks. They might have slightly more resistance to fade.
So his ‘17 has the same front springs as a Tremor and the only difference in the back is a taller block?

So his ‘17 has the same front springs as a Tremor and the only difference in the back is a taller block?
That’s my understanding. If they aren’t the exact same springs, they’re similar and result in the same ride height. And technically the block in the back is the same with his truck and a Tremor.

For 20MY Ford lowered the ride height of the Super Duty’s 2”. To do so they have new front springs, likely tweaked shocks, and a shorter rear block. For the Tremor they left the coils and block as before and made the other changes (tires, limited slip front diff, etc).

Oh also a difference in suspension, though not related to ride height, is the Tremor has a thinner, and therefore softer, front sway bar compared to a non-Tremor (regardless of model year).

Back